PDA Help Requested - Credant Mobile Guardian Shield

Old April 15th 11, 02:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Default PDA Help Requested - Credant Mobile Guardian Shield

Hi,

I'm pretty good at working with PDAs, but this one has me stumped. A
customer sent his iPAQ hx4700 to me and asked me to see if I could
completely remove a very persistent security program called Credant Mobile
Guardian Shield (CMG). It requires a password when the unit is turned on.
The password must be long and contain numbers and uppercase and lower case
letters - what a pain. Some company's IT department must have put it on to
keep it secure. Well, it is very secure. If I do a hard reset or let the
batteries die, the unit reboots and then restores the application from the
iPAQ File Store (non-volatile storage). I tried deleting the files from the
iPAQ File Store and I can't. I tried connecting it to my PC and using
Windows Explorer on the PC to delete the files or change their security
settings - no go. It is a bummer because it is a very nice iPAQ hx4700 in
new condition.

Any suggestions? Any help would be greatly appreciated by the customer and
I.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Old April 15th 11, 03:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jsbrake[_2_]

Paul, perhaps the company would offer assistance?
http://www.credant.com/

Good Luck!
-John
Old April 15th 11, 05:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi John,

Thanks. I had found their web site, but searching their site for tips did
not help. I'll try calling them.

Thanks,

Paul Remde

Old April 15th 11, 06:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

"jsbrake" wrote in message

Paul, perhaps the company would offer assistance?
http://www.credant.com/

Good Luck!
-John

Just reflash the the device. Firmware update images for the 4700
series are kicking around on the Web.

Darryl
Old April 15th 11, 09:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi Darryl,

Great idea. I'll try that. I've done it before.

Paul Remde

"jsbrake" wrote in message

Paul, perhaps the company would offer assistance?
http://www.credant.com/

Good Luck!
-John

Just reflash the the device. Firmware update images for the 4700
series are kicking around on the Web.

Darryl

Guardian - af-2s.jpg (1/1) [108K] Netko Aviation Photos 2 December 13th 09 04:00 PM
AF Guardian nice guy Aviation Photos 0 August 9th 09 11:35 AM
New iphone Mobile Nokia Mobile [email protected] Soaring 0 January 14th 09 06:29 AM
Ugly Airplanes, pt 5 - Grumman AF-2S Guardian.jpg (1/1) Mitchell Holman Aviation Photos 0 March 1st 08 12:44 PM
The Guardian: unreported cost of war Gooneybird Military Aviation 2 August 5th 03 01:35 PM