Micro-Balancer, for Jim

Old August 16th 03, 08:31 PM
Kevin O'Brien

Default Micro-Balancer, for Jim

Apologies to all for offering an on-topic post (heh heh).

I didn't see anybody answer Jim's question. One outfit that is advertizing that
they have a DSS
Micro-Balancer for sale is Vortech, the outfit that sells those ain't-gonna-fly
"helicopter" plans in
the back of Popular Mechanics. At this page they offer several Minis, and in the
ad for one they
suggest that they will sell the balancer separately.

http://www.vortechonline.com/specials/

You can also try emailing Dennis Fetters and Rick Stitt, and seeing where they
got the balancers.
That might be a crapshoot. But it's obviously an industrial device that was
adapted to aviation... it
has to be available somewhere.

cheers

-=K=-

Rule #1: Don't hit anything big.

Old August 17th 03, 02:51 AM
Ken Sandyeggo

Kevin O'Brien wrote in message ...
Apologies to all for offering an on-topic post (heh heh).

I didn't see anybody answer Jim's question. One outfit that is advertizing that
they have a DSS
Micro-Balancer for sale is Vortech, the outfit that sells those ain't-gonna-fly
"helicopter" plans in
the back of Popular Mechanics. At this page they offer several Minis, and in the
ad for one they
suggest that they will sell the balancer separately.

http://www.vortechonline.com/specials/

You can also try emailing Dennis Fetters and Rick Stitt, and seeing where they
got the balancers.
That might be a crapshoot. But it's obviously an industrial device that was
adapted to aviation... it
has to be available somewhere.

cheers

-=K=-

Rule #1: Don't hit anything big.

How about www.dssmicro.com, direct from the manufacturer? Their
equipment is bottom of the line as far as sophistication and channels.
It's meant for amateur usage, but it's tricky learning how to
evaluate the info collected. Don't expect any miraculous results
compared to systems like RADS or RADDS....I forget the correct
spelling. DSS couldn't even answer simple questions straight out,
like "can it measure 2-per lateral vibes?" Their answer would come
back as "yes, it can measure lateral vibes." Well that wasn't what I
asked and I finally gave up trying to get a straight answer. With the
3-channel model, you'll be chasing your tail forever. You need to get
many more than 3 simultaneous readings so you can pinpoint variables.
The better systems monitor upwards of a dozen sensors, so you can go
about your balancing without switching sensors after each run to a
different location and not knowing what the sensor would have picked
up in it's original location. Save your money and have a pro with
quality equipment do the balancing. It'll probably be cheaper in the
long run. Those 3-channel puppies ain't cheap.

KJSDCAUSA
Old August 17th 03, 03:02 AM
Big John

What's Dennis doing? Last I heard on rah he had a new project started.
Haven't seen a post from him for several months.

Big John

----clip----

Old August 17th 03, 06:59 AM
Jim

Thanks for the lead Kevin but I am looking for a good deal on one that sees
no use from its current owner and don't want to contribute a dime to the
middle man.

If someone has one and its not any use to you any longer and is complete and
in good operating condition I will pay $500. Until then I'll have to do it
the way it has been done for the last 60 years.

Thanks,
Jim