Air America breaking news: "USA to fingerprint ALL visitors !!!"

Old April 4th 04, 04:40 AM
Quantum Foam Guy

"Oelewapper" wrote in message

"Quantum Foam Guy" wrote in message
"James Robinson" wrote in message
Quantum Foam Guy wrote:

Oelewapper wrote:

Dear allies, welcome to the age of digital fascism... :
This is not "fascism", unless you're one of those morons who thinks
I do consider it fascism. I also have never had my fingerprints taken

Almost all drivers licenses now are machine
readable with information stored on a magnetic strip. Considering

everything
else they have been collecting about you for decades, a fingerprint is
hardly evidence of "fascism".
I just remembered that when my kids were born the hospital took hand

prints
and foot prints for the birth certificate that was filed with the

county.
Is
that fascism in your mind?

YES, ABSOLUTELY ... !

I have a buddy down the street whose wife is expecting. I'll have to tell
him to shout "Fascist pig!" at the pediatric nurse.

Old April 4th 04, 04:50 AM
Quantum Foam Guy

Quantum Foam Guy wrote:

"James Robinson" wrote:

I do consider it fascism. I also have never had my fingerprints taken
for a driver's license in the US.

Do you consider Jerry Brown to be a fascist? California started DL
fingerprinting in 1977 and it became mandatory in 1982. How about Bill
Clinton? Is he a fascist?

Fascism is the belief in an authoritarian central government. All of
the above are part of a movement toward more and more control of
everyday life by government, and as such can be considered a step in the
general direction.

In your opinion.

One only has to look at the size of the Code of Federal Regulations to
see what is happening. I have a number of sections on my shelf for
reference, and those sections of the code have essentially doubled in
size over the last decade. Is it really necessary?

That's not evidence of fascism, it's evidence of a typical bureaucracy. Can
you name a point in our history when federal regulations didn't increase?

Remember that some of the worst leaders around the world were initially
elected to office by the population, and then instituted tighter and
tighter controls in the name of security. It doesn't mean that what the
US government is doing will end up with the same result, but I certainly
don't want to make it easy for them.

A very important point seems to be left out of this discussion: America is
at war with an enemy that has attacked us on our soil. During wartime,
certain rules are established in order ensure our security as much as
possible. Once the war is over, those rules are lifted. If we didn't have
moslem psychopaths trying to kill as many of our citizens as possible and we
were still putting these security measures in place, I would agree that we
shouldn't be doing so. But that's not the world we live in.

Old April 4th 04, 04:54 AM
DAE

"Ken Pisichko" wrote in message
YUP! But remember that the Canadian border control system works too. Our

laws are
different that USA border control laws, but we do keep terrorists out -

convicted
ones that is. We also adhere to the premise that folks are innocent until

proven
quilty - except for thoe where there is suspicion. This past week there

was a SWAT
team raid on a home in our national capital region (Ottawa) and a Canadian

citizen
was arrested and is held in detention with charges against him. Something

to do
with those arrested in the UK on terrorism and bomb making charges.

No border is immune, but to think that Canada is a pipeline for terrorist

entry
into the USA is baloney.! Besides, the US border control types are

pretty
vigilant too, and I have thanked them for the questioning of me and my

family when
we enter the USA.

The problem, as I see it, is if someone comes in with several counterfeit
passports..... and then enters the USA from Canada with a Canadian

passport. No
fingerprinting would flag the person entering the USA as a terrorist -

unless the
fingerprints were in some USA accessable data base.

The USA requirement for my fingerprints will not be of any value to the

licensing
agency requiring them because I have absolutely NO history in the USA. I

do in
Canada, but my history is clean - it is there in the database, but clean.

The US
agency does NOT access the Canadian CPIC system or any other Canadian data

base -
so what is the point of their exercise?

Hence, I wonder what is the point of the USA fingerprinting aliens

entering the
USA? Perhaps it is to salve some troubled intellect(s).

Ken
Winnipeg, Canada

Phil Richards wrote:

So presumably the easiest way to get in to the US without these stupid
fingerprint and photograph checks is to say fly in to Canada and cross
over the border by road....

Phil,

The Border has been tightened quite a bit in the past few months. You would
probably have to cross an a remote, unguarded gully to be safe if you were
going to do harm. If not wishing to do harm then the normal crossing would
be the easiest.

Don

Old April 4th 04, 05:02 AM
Bjørnar Bolsøy

"Quantum Foam Guy" wrote in
:
"patLB" wrote in message

On the other hand, you could always visit Spain, and relax on
their nice, safe, high-speed trains. Or the ones in France.

Still waiting for the high speed trains of USA...

Even a high-speed train would take 2 days to travel from New
York to LA, and cost the traveler more.

Both the latest french TGV's and the german and japanese maglev
trains can travel up to 500Kmh (300Mph). Provided it goes express
something like that should be able to cover the US coast to coast
in 8-10 hours if we assume the milage would lie somewhere between
3000 and 4000km (Interstate 40).

Regards...
Old April 4th 04, 05:02 AM
Quantum Foam Guy

"clint" wrote in message
YAWNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go to sleep if you're tired.

Old April 4th 04, 05:04 AM
nobody

Greg Morrow wrote:
I know what you are referring to, of course. The US government didn't fund
IRA terrorists, Marie, unless Ted Kennedy had a secret slush fund that we
don't know about.

The USA is as guilty with regards to the IRA as the Taliban was with Al Queda:
they not only tolerated their presence, not only made no effort to stop them,
but also morally supported them. "freedom fighters".

When the IRA bombed the HSBC headquarters in London, did the USA act to freeze
the funds of known IRA supporters ? NOP.
Old April 4th 04, 05:14 AM
Quantum Foam Guy

"Oelewapper" wrote in message

Anyway, on a more cynical note: too bad the so-called 'anti-terrorism'
measures weren't in place on October 20 1980, when 'October Surprise' GHWB
touched down in a top-secret SR71 at McGuire Air Force base at approx. 2
hours after midnight, or when the Saudis got out of the country soon after
9/11 ... But then again, those are other stories - or are they ??

It's just been discovered that a certified kook is responsible for starting
this thread.

Old April 4th 04, 05:28 AM
nobody

Chad Irby wrote:
The Canadian Auditor General disagrees with you... as of about six days
ago.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4632219/

Sound bytes taken from articles which quoted sound bytes.

If they had quoted the complete auditor general statement, you would have seen
that she began by stating that overall, Canada was doing a very good job to
combat terrorism/increase security. But her role is to find the faults and in
her report she did point to a list of things that need to be fixed. (included
was the need for greater screening of airport employees BTW).

If only the USA had a similar process to point out the faults in the USA's
attempt to combat terrorism. But then again, the Bush regime would be
overwhelmed by such a report pointing to the few things done right instead of
the so many things done wrong.
Old April 4th 04, 05:58 AM
Quantum Foam Guy

"Marie Lewis" wrote in message

"Quantum Foam Guy" wrote in message
"Oelewapper" wrote in message
Dear allies, welcome to the age of digital fascism... :

This is not "fascism", unless you're one of those morons who thinks

dealing
with the DMV and getting fingerprinted for a driver's license is

"fascism".
When you lace your writing with such stupid hyperbole, you've lost your
credibility.

Please note that fingerprinting is not nearly as common in, for example,

the
UK, as in the USA.
Here, you have to be suspected of a crime to be foingerprinted, and if you
are innocent, those prints are destroyed.

You're also mistaken if you think this will be limited to the US.

Wealthy
democracies will all be implementing these very same procedures. If you
doubt me, wait and see what happens after the next round of terrorist
attacks.

We have had many, many terrorist attacks in the UK (many financed by the
USA)

Name one terrorist attack in the UK financed by the USA. Stuff that happened
200 years ago doesn't count.

I know what you are referring to, of course. The US government didn't fund
IRA terrorists, Marie, unless Ted Kennedy had a secret slush fund that we
don't know about. To say the USA "financed" the IRA is therefore very
disengenuous of you. What happened in the 1970s and 1980s was a group of
private stoopid Irish-American citizens (not the American government) gave
money to the IRA. Victims of IRA violence should sue in US courts the morons
who did this. I can only wonder why this hasn't happened. Outside of
"Southie" (a certain part of Boston), such a trial would be a slam-dunk for
the UK plaintiffs. I certainly think families of victims of the IRA deserve
all the money they can get.

and have never founnd this necessary or useful. I am 67 and have never
had my finger prints taken.
If the present government were to introduce it, then, in spite of being a
life long member opf the Labour party, at elections I would vote against
them. It matters that much.

So, I doubt you. Other countries are not so

I respect your opinion about fingerprinting, Marie. I truly do. As a
life-long member of the Labour Party, I'm sure you won't be voting for the
Tories. So when UK customs and integration begins fingerprinting inbound
visitors to the UK, who will you vote for?