Proposed new flightseeing rule

Old November 6th 03, 02:15 AM
Dillon Pyron

On Thu, 06 Nov 2003 01:34:06 GMT, Richard Riley
wrote:

On Wed, 05 Nov 2003 22:05:57 GMT, "Eric Miller"
wrote:

:"Morgans" wrote in message
:
: "Eric Miller" wrote /+
: For the Homeland!
:
: The more I hear the word "homeland" lately, the less this is a land I
: wanna
: call home.
:
: Eric
:
:
: Don't let the screen door hit you, where the good lord split you.
:
: Guess than means we won't be hearing from you for a while.
: --
: Jim in NC
:
:I knew someone would take offense
:
:Consider that remark equivalent to: A democracy is the worst form of
:government on the face of the Earth... except for every other one!
:
:And besides, that statement was more a play on words directed at all the
:Homeland Security nonsense, which is high on nuisance factor and low on
:effectiveness. Do you claim otherwise?

How many terror attacks have there been on US soil in the past 2
years?

Homeland Security has also protected us from crocidile attacks and are
entirely responsible for the lack of bald eagle attacks.

What a specious argument.

You're welcome.

--
dillon

Life is always short, but only you can make it sweet
Old November 6th 03, 02:29 AM
Eric Miller

wrote:

:And besides, that statement was more a play on words directed at all the
:Homeland Security nonsense, which is high on nuisance factor and low on
:effectiveness. Do you claim otherwise?

How many terror attacks have there been on US soil in the past 2
years?

And how many terror attacks took place before 2 years ago?

You're welcome.

No thanks!

Eric

Old November 6th 03, 06:23 AM
Morgans

"Richard Riley" wrote
:
:I knew someone would take offense

I do take offense at the constant slams to W, and the whole of the gov.

:Consider that remark equivalent to: A democracy is the worst form of
:government on the face of the Earth... except for every other one!

Yep gotta agree. Good to be able to spout off, freely. Ya gotta ask, is
this the place to do it? Will it do any good here?

I was brought up with the idea of, if you don't have anything nice to say,
don't say anything. I wish more people thought that way.
:
:And besides, that statement was more a play on words directed at all the
:Homeland Security nonsense, which is high on nuisance factor and low on
:effectiveness. Do you claim otherwise?

How many terror attacks have there been on US soil in the past 2
years?

How many might have been prevented, due to the nuisance factor, and the
capture of many suspects.

Yes, it is a nuisance. Are all of the restrictions appropriate or necessary?
No, but will any changes happen from spouting off here.? How aboout putting
the energy into working for change. I'll bet most who complain the loudest,
have not even written their congress critters, or any other public
officials.

You're welcome.

Oh, that's irritating. I don't need you, or anyone else to point these
things out.

By the way, it is good to see you back. In lurk mode, or are you sticking
around?

I am done with my rant, because as I have said, this is not the place for
politics, and I will not continue to indulge any further.

I block anyone who has stupid political sig lines, cause they make me mad,
and that is not why I come here. Switching machines lost my filters, but it
won't take long for everyone who offends me to get back on the list. ;-)
--
Jim in NC

Old November 6th 03, 10:41 PM
Blueskies

Hmmm, what about the snipers around DC?

..
"Richard Riley" wrote in message ...
On Wed, 05 Nov 2003 22:05:57 GMT, "Eric Miller"
wrote:

:"Morgans" wrote in message
:
: "Eric Miller" wrote /+
: For the Homeland!
:

Old November 5th 03, 11:36 PM
Blueskies

Every time I hear it I think of all the old movies where the 'reds' would talk about their home. Definitely too bad they
didn't think of a different term...

--
Dan D.

..
"Eric Miller" wrote in message . ..
"C J Campbell" wrote
NAFI sent this alert to its members. Note the EAA concern about charity
flights with vintage aircraft such as Aluminum Overcast:

Instructional News

FAA Proposes Flight-seeing Rule

The FAA published on Oct. 22 a notice of proposed rulemaking (NPRM) that

it
claims will improve national air tour safety. Among other things, the
proposal would raise the minimum number of hours required for pilots
conducting charity fundraising flights from 200 to 500 and remove an
exemption that allows Part 91 sightseeing flights within 25 nm of an
airport.

I'd like to see a map of what *isn't* within 25 nm of an airport, especially
East of the Mississippi!

Old November 7th 03, 04:42 AM
Eric Miller

"Blueskies" wrote
Every time I hear it I think of all the old movies where the 'reds' would

talk about their home. Definitely too bad they
didn't think of a different term...

--
Dan D.

Interesting you should make that comparison Dan...

The following article suggests that the creation of the TSA was exactly that
kind of reactionary nonsense:
http://www.landings.com/evird.acgi$pass*58449799!_h-www.landings.com/_landings/editorials/editorial-jun03.html

and concludes in part "The damage done to the future of the air-travel
industry by Congress's acts (creating the Transportation Security
Administration )may exceed the damage done to the industry by the terrorists
themselves. By overreacting to the terrorism threat, the federal government
actually has added to the damage, handing those who hate America an even
greater victory."

Eric

Old November 5th 03, 01:15 PM
sean trost

Just a Thought but do not most of all "flight-seeing" operations
originate and terminate at an airport ?
hmmmnnnn.
Sean

Old November 5th 03, 02:52 PM
Ron Natalie

"sean trost" wrote in message ...

Just a Thought but do not most of all "flight-seeing" operations
originate and terminate at an airport ?

They must originate and terminate at the same airport and not go beyond
25 miles of that airport.

Old November 5th 03, 03:10 PM
C J Campbell

"Ron Natalie" wrote in message
m...

| "sean trost" wrote in message
|
| Just a Thought but do not most of all "flight-seeing" operations
| originate and terminate at an airport ?
|
| They must originate and terminate at the same airport and not go beyond
| 25 miles of that airport.

They must also not land at any other airport.