Pinckneyville rec.aviation flyin

Old May 4th 04, 01:00 AM
John Ousterhout

Default Pinckneyville rec.aviation flyin

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 17:16:21 -0500, "Highfllyer"
wrote:

Hi all,

The annual flyin is coming up again May 21, 22, and 23. Come on down to
Pinckneyville ( KPJY) and hang out in John's hangar! Fly all day and fly
the hangar all night.

Stella and I will be there by Friday evening even if the Rain God
****es on us like last year and we have to drive again.

What's the difference between a Fairy Tale and A Flying Tale?

A Fairy Tale begins "Once upon a time..."

A Flying Tale begins "No ****, this is a true story..."

- J.O.-

Old May 4th 04, 01:40 PM
Rich Ahrens

wrote:

Hi all,

The annual flyin is coming up again May 21, 22, and 23. Come on down to
Pinckneyville ( KPJY) and hang out in John's hangar! Fly all day and fly
the hangar all night.

Stella and I will be there by Friday evening even if the Rain God
****es on us like last year and we have to drive again.

John, John, John... I flew in from Minneapolis, VFR no less, and you had
to drive from Des Moines? What's up with that? :-)
Old May 5th 04, 05:06 AM
StellaStar

Rich points out:
I flew in from Minneapolis, VFR no less, and you had
to drive from Des Moines? What's up with that? :-)

Tall people get nervous scud-running. Too much negative conditioning bumping
their heads, a problem I've never had. (John is roughly 1.7 Stellas in height)

OTOH, after a day driving under the overcast, we arrived just in time for the
clouds to clear and watched the lunar eclipse from Highflyer's hangar!
Old May 5th 04, 11:34 AM
nauga

StellaStar wrote...

OTOH, after a day driving under the overcast, we arrived just in time for

the
clouds to clear and watched the lunar eclipse from Highflyer's hangar!

http://www.jouster.0catch.com/p2k/u5200051.jpg

Dave 'My eyes!' Hyde

Old May 5th 04, 02:25 PM
John Ousterhout

On Tue, 04 May 2004 07:40:25 -0500, Rich Ahrens wrote:
John, John, John... I flew in from Minneapolis, VFR no less, and you had
to drive from Des Moines? What's up with that? :-)

Good Judgement :-)

-J.O.-

Old May 5th 04, 02:26 PM
John Ousterhout

On Wed, 05 May 2004 10:34:53 GMT, "nauga" wrote:

StellaStar wrote...

OTOH, after a day driving under the overcast, we arrived just in time for

the
clouds to clear and watched the lunar eclipse from Highflyer's hangar!

http://www.jouster.0catch.com/p2k/u5200051.jpg

Dave 'My eyes!' Hyde

MuzzleLoader ingestion often affects judgement.

- J.O.-

Old May 6th 04, 05:16 AM
Rich Ahrens

John Ousterhout wrote:

On Tue, 04 May 2004 07:40:25 -0500, Rich Ahrens wrote:

John, John, John... I flew in from Minneapolis, VFR no less, and you had
to drive from Des Moines? What's up with that? :-)

Good Judgement :-)

Then what the heck were you doing in Iowa in the first place???
Old May 6th 04, 05:18 AM
Rich Ahrens

StellaStar wrote:

Rich points out:

I flew in from Minneapolis, VFR no less, and you had
to drive from Des Moines? What's up with that? :-)

Tall people get nervous scud-running. Too much negative conditioning bumping
their heads, a problem I've never had. (John is roughly 1.7 Stellas in height)

Seems to me I'm taller than Oysterhouse. Next excuse??? :-)

OTOH, after a day driving under the overcast, we arrived just in time for the
clouds to clear and watched the lunar eclipse from Highflyer's hangar!

The last moment the skies were clear for about a week, it seemed...
Old May 20th 04, 01:21 AM
Rich Ahrens

Highfllyer wrote:
The annual flyin is coming up again May 21, 22, and 23. Come on down
to Pinckneyville ( KPJY) and hang out in John's hangar! Fly all day
and fly the hangar all night.

Hey, John, looking at the forecast it appears like you've ordered up the
traditional stationary front to the north of the fly-in again all
weekend. Right between me and there. How do you manage to get it
consistently on that weekend every year? :-)