Hmmm a BD5J with zero hours FS

Old December 21st 06, 09:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Deaf2u

Default Hmmm a BD5J with zero hours FS

http://www.global-air.com/global/g05229.htm

Could it be?? You'd think he'd at least fly it once. Or watch it fly. What's
the story here Juan?

Old December 21st 06, 10:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
john smith

"Liability Release signed by purchaser AND spouse is mandatory, no sign,
no sale."

That still won't keep you out of court.

Old December 21st 06, 10:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Al G[_1_]

"Deaf2u" wrote in message
http://www.global-air.com/global/g05229.htm

Could it be?? You'd think he'd at least fly it once. Or watch it fly.
What's the story here Juan?

358 lbs. Pretty Good. Is that "ready to fly"? I.E. a Basic Operating Weight?

Can anybody compete for a Guiness World Record "Lightest Jet"?
What are the rules? Obviously it need not be an actual flying airplane...

Al G

Old December 21st 06, 10:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
BobR

The ONLY way he will ever sell it is IF he can find a bigger fool than
himself to buy it. I am not sure that would be possible but in a world
full of fools...who knows?

$120,000 for that death trap...wow! I might see a $120 to use it as a
sign for a local hamburger joint called AIRWAYS.

Old December 21st 06, 10:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Dan[_2_]

Deaf2u wrote:
http://www.global-air.com/global/g05229.htm

Could it be?? You'd think he'd at least fly it once. Or watch it fly. What's
the story here Juan?

Yawn has been trying to sell it for years. He bought it 90%
completed if memory serves. His excuse then for trying to sell it was he
was moving to Puerto Rico and needed the money. What his excuse is now
is anyone's guess. Personally I wouldn't try to fly it either after he
worked on it.

Maybe he should convert it to radio control and rent it to the
military as a target.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old December 21st 06, 11:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Gig 601XL Builder

"Dan" wrote in message
Deaf2u wrote:
http://www.global-air.com/global/g05229.htm

Could it be?? You'd think he'd at least fly it once. Or watch it fly.
What's the story here Juan?

Yawn has been trying to sell it for years. He bought it 90% completed
if memory serves. His excuse then for trying to sell it was he was moving
to Puerto Rico and needed the money. What his excuse is now is anyone's
guess. Personally I wouldn't try to fly it either after he worked on it.

Maybe he should convert it to radio control and rent it to the military
as a target.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Maybe he can rent to the military as a target without converting it to R/C
and fly it for them.

Old December 21st 06, 11:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
pittss1c

An old (and a fair bit bold) VERY experienced pilot once told me...

To live a long life...
Try to avoid the A model of anything, and never fly anything that
doesn't have the paint worn off the rudder pedals.

Old December 21st 06, 11:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
jc

Al G wrote:

snip
358 lbs. Pretty Good. Is that "ready to fly"? I.E. a Basic Operating
Weight?

Can anybody compete for a Guiness World Record "Lightest Jet"?
What are the rules? Obviously it need not be an actual flying airplane...

CriCri beats that easily IIRC the twin piston version is ~180lb empty and
~375lb MTOW. The twin jet version would be similar with the same airframe.

http://www.amtjets.com/gallery_real_plain.html

--

regards

jc

LEGAL - I don't believe what I wrote and neither should you. Sobriety and/or
sanity of the author is not guaranteed

EMAIL - and are not valid email
addresses. news2x at perentie is valid for a while.
Old December 21st 06, 11:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Al G[_1_]

"jc" wrote in message
Al G wrote:

snip
358 lbs. Pretty Good. Is that "ready to fly"? I.E. a Basic Operating
Weight?

Can anybody compete for a Guiness World Record "Lightest Jet"?
What are the rules? Obviously it need not be an actual flying airplane...

CriCri beats that easily IIRC the twin piston version is ~180lb empty and
~375lb MTOW. The twin jet version would be similar with the same airframe.

http://www.amtjets.com/gallery_real_plain.html

--

regards

jc

LEGAL - I don't believe what I wrote and neither should you. Sobriety
and/or
sanity of the author is not guaranteed

EMAIL - and are not valid email
addresses. news2x at perentie is valid for a while.

A couple of hundred pounds lighter, and actually flown, many times,
successfully.

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/..._aircraft.aspx

Too bad there is no way to notify Guiness, online. The only contact I could
find was snail mail.

Al G

Old December 21st 06, 11:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Scott[_1_]

Yes, that's what I understand. I believe it was concluded that you
can't sign away the rights of others, so parents, siblings, maybe the
boss at work, etc. could file suit. There's probably always someone who
could...and a lawyer who would

Scott