Diesel and jet fuel from animal fat

Old June 26th 07, 12:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Maxwell

Default Diesel and jet fuel from animal fat

I guess Tyson foods plans on trimming some of the fat.

http://www.syntroleum.com/pr_individ...NewsID=1018955

Old June 26th 07, 10:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
NW_Pilot

"Maxwell" wrote in message
I guess Tyson foods plans on trimming some of the fat.

http://www.syntroleum.com/pr_individ...NewsID=1018955

Wow! PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals) may have a cow on this one! Speaking
of Cow I feel like a Steak!

Old June 26th 07, 02:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Peter Dohm

"Maxwell" wrote in message
I guess Tyson foods plans on trimming some of the fat.

http://www.syntroleum.com/pr_individ...NewsID=1018955

There has been a good bit of discussion of "anything to oil" technology over
the past couple of years--mostly involving poultry and slaughter house
waste. Some of the "guestimates" of the possible quantity seem optomistic,
but it is a great idea and I am very glad to see it heading toward
production.

Peter

Old June 26th 07, 03:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Maxwell

"Peter Dohm" wrote in message
"Maxwell" wrote in message
I guess Tyson foods plans on trimming some of the fat.

http://www.syntroleum.com/pr_individ...NewsID=1018955

There has been a good bit of discussion of "anything to oil" technology
over
the past couple of years--mostly involving poultry and slaughter house
waste. Some of the "guestimates" of the possible quantity seem
optomistic,
but it is a great idea and I am very glad to see it heading toward
production.

I agree. I have heard a lot also, but this is the first time I have heard of
anything as significant as someone investing $150m. Really peaked my
interest.

It also seems interesting, they at least "think" the have an answer for the
cold temperature performance. If they plan to produce 75m gallons the first
year for military aircraft and I assume tanks, they must plan to resolve a
lot of issues that could open the some doors for GA use of biodiesel.

Old June 26th 07, 04:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
NW_Pilot

"Maxwell" wrote in message

"Peter Dohm" wrote in message
"Maxwell" wrote in message
[...]

Read about the history of engines their was diesel engines that ran off
whale oil!

Old June 26th 07, 05:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Stella Starr

Peter Dohm wrote:
"Maxwell" wrote in message
I guess Tyson foods plans on trimming some of the fat.

http://www.syntroleum.com/pr_individ...NewsID=1018955

Some of the "guestimates" of the possible quantity seem optomistic,
but it is a great idea and I am very glad to see it heading toward
production.

Considering what Tyson's done with poultry production and industry
wages, they're likely to give us biodiesel that costs 50 cents a gallon,
though all the refinery workers will be illegal aliens and every gas
station will have a chicken-manure lagoon out back.
Old June 26th 07, 07:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Gatt

Gives new meaning to the term "horsepower."

Perhaps we can coin a new term: "cowpower": It's the adjusted brake
horsepower of your aircraft engine while operating on animal fat.

Old June 26th 07, 08:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Gig 601XL Builder

Stella Starr wrote:
Peter Dohm wrote:
"Maxwell" wrote in message
I guess Tyson foods plans on trimming some of the fat.

http://www.syntroleum.com/pr_individ...NewsID=1018955

Some of the "guestimates" of the possible quantity seem optomistic,
but it is a great idea and I am very glad to see it heading toward
production.

Considering what Tyson's done with poultry production and industry
wages, they're likely to give us biodiesel that costs 50 cents a
gallon, though all the refinery workers will be illegal aliens and
every gas station will have a chicken-manure lagoon out back.

I could live with that for $0.50 fuel.

Old June 26th 07, 08:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Peter Dohm

"Gig 601XL Builder" wrDOTgiaconaATsuddenlink.net wrote in message
Stella Starr wrote:
Peter Dohm wrote:
"Maxwell" wrote in message
I guess Tyson foods plans on trimming some of the fat.

http://www.syntroleum.com/pr_individ...NewsID=1018955
Some of the "guestimates" of the possible quantity seem optomistic,
but it is a great idea and I am very glad to see it heading toward
production.

Considering what Tyson's done with poultry production and industry
wages, they're likely to give us biodiesel that costs 50 cents a
gallon, though all the refinery workers will be illegal aliens and
every gas station will have a chicken-manure lagoon out back.

I could live with that for $0.50 fuel.

Then, we'll only need someone to bring the cost of a Theilert diesel down to
the same price as a Jabiru 2200....

Peter :-)

Old June 26th 07, 11:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Dan Luke

"Gig 601XL Builder" wrote:

Considering what Tyson's done with poultry production and industry
wages, they're likely to give us biodiesel that costs 50 cents a
gallon, though all the refinery workers will be illegal aliens and
every gas station will have a chicken-manure lagoon out back.

I could live with that for $0.50 fuel.

Ever been close to a manure lagoon?

--
Dan

"Dragged forward by cold science, which doesn’t care what we think or believe
or wish for, we are headed into some interesting times."
- John Derbyshire