Looking for Advice..

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 29th 09, 04:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ricky

Default Looking for Advice..

On Jun 27, 8:33*am, Brian Whatcott wrote:

There's a useful, contrasting viewpoint.
* * But (can't I resist being negative?) a 4 year degree from Baylor and
a CFII ticket is not a $27 grand proposition. *$80? $100? $127 grand?
* * That's why it is very, very helpful to have well-heeled parents in
this situation.

Brian W- Hide quoted text -

Indeed, it was NOT a $27 grand proposition at Baylor. More along the
low 6 figures. But there are many good & excellent part 141 colleges &
universities with both stellar flight instruction and reasonable rates/
expenses both at the school and for the flight costs. Near here,
Central Texas University and South-Eastern Oklahoma State are good,
reasonable 141 schools. In my city, Texas State Technical College is a
good, and cheap 141 school but you'll graduate with only a (virtually
useless) 2 year associates degree. Now that I think of it, TSTC
partners, I believe, with South Eastern or UT Arlington for a
bachelors and you stay in Waco for your flying & classroom
instruction. Many 2 year colleges are partnering with nearby
universities so one can earn his/her bachelors while staying in their
respective city, avoiding the hasle & expense of moving for a degree..

Ricky

Need advice [email protected] Piloting 22 July 28th 07 07:52 PM
Again, GPS advice... [email protected] Piloting 16 February 7th 07 05:39 AM
Advice on PPL Crash Lander Piloting 14 July 20th 06 12:49 PM
help/advice please Billy Who? Piloting 0 January 14th 04 11:16 PM
Advice Brad Piloting 9 October 28th 03 02:54 PM