'Time running out for Iran strike' (similar to the pressure Israel put forth to get US to attack Iraq):

Old July 10th 07, 06:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval

Default 'Time running out for Iran strike' (similar to the pressure Israel put forth to get US to attack Iraq):

'Time running out for Iran strike' (similar to the pressure Israel put
forth to get US to attack Iraq):

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satelli...icle%2FPrinter
Yaakov Katz, THE JERUSALEM POST Jul. 10, 2007
Predicting that sanctions will ultimately fail to stop Teheran's
nuclear program, Brig.-Gen. (res.) Yossi Kuperwasser, former head of
Military Intelligence's Research Division, told The Jerusalem Post on
Monday that time to launch an effective military strike against Iran's
nuclear installations was running out.
According to Kuperwasser, who stepped down from his post last year,
Iran is "very close" to the point that it will cross the technological
threshold and have the capability to enrich uranium at an industrial
level. Once they master the technology, the Iranians will have the
ability to manufacture a nuclear device within two to three years, he
added.
"The program's vulnerability to a military operation is diminishing as
time passes," Kuperwasser said, "and they are very close to the point
that they will be able to enrich uranium at an industrial level."
Report: Iranian general providing top intel. to US
In an article entitled "Halting Iran's Nuclear Weapons Program:
Iranian Vulnerabilities and Western Policy Options" published this
week by the Jerusalem Center for Public Affairs - run by former
Israeli ambassador to the UN Dr. Dore Gold - Kuperwasser spells out
what he believes is the only course of action that will stop Iran's
race to nuclear power.
Thanks to technological sophistication, advances in producing raw
materials as well as intermediate products and the improvement in
protection of the program's components, the Western world is beginning
to find it difficult to plan an effective strike against Iran's
nuclear facilities, he said.
On Monday, The Washington Post revealed new satellite photos of Iran's
enrichment facility at Natanz which showed the digging of a tunnel
that analysts said could be used to hide and protect key nuclear
components.
Iran, Kuperwasser said, was working on two parallel tracks - one at
Natanz to enrich uranium and the plutogenic track being worked on at
the Arak heavy water facility.
As long as Russia was not aligned with the United States, Kuperwasser
said sanctions would not work on their own to stop Iran.
"For significant sanctions to be effective the world needs to at the
same time threaten the use of military force," he said. "Iran needs to
be made to understand that if the sanctions won't work, the world is
prepared to use military force to stop the nuclear program."
He said Iran was preparing for the possibility of war, but that deep
down the Islamic leadership did not believe that either the United
States or Israel were in a position of strength that would enable them
to launch such a complicated military operation. Iran, he said, was
purchasing Russian air defense systems and was fortifying its nuclear
facilities and moving key elements to underground bunkers in
preparation for the possibility that its assessments were wrong and it
would in the end be attacked.
"The Iranians are working around the clock on improving military
capabilities and they are also moving centrifuges to underground
facilities," he said.
Kuperwasser said that a real threat of military action - backed up by
credible threats by world leaders as well as the deployment of a large
military force to the region - could have the right effect in
deterring Iranian leaders from continuing with their nuclear program.
A credible military threat combined with economic leverage had a
chance at preventing the need for a future clash with a nuclear Iran
and perhaps could also make it unnecessary to deal today with an Iran
that is close to nuclearization, he said.

The following was posted by Cat Moy who co-wrote the book about Cindy
Sheehan:

http://moveamericaforward.org/index.php/DailyFile/

Monday, July 09, 2007

Posted By:
Catherine Moy

Cindy Sheehan's announcement that she will challenge House Speaker
Nancy Pelosi if she doesn't introduce articles of impeachment against
President Bush raises a serious question: Who is Cindy's base?

We know the Universe chose her to ignite the anti-war movement - or so
she told us - but most of the universe can't vote for Sheehan. Well, I
may be wrong about that. She would be running in the Bay Area, where
aliens have free rein to healthcare, in-state tuition, welfare and
voting booths.

Aside from aliens, Sheehan would draw from a wide range of people:
felons, drug addicts, and anybody with more body piercings than
Frankenstein's wife. The one group she may not have in the bag is the
anti-war group. I know this sounds outrageous, but the "Peace Mom' has
some trouble with the folks who put her on the map.

She has done a heck of a job alienating Moveon.org, the radical-left
machine that helped pay for anti-Bush campaign commercials in 2004
starring a weeping Sheehan. When Sheehan "retired" some six weeks ago,
she reamed Moveon like she was a well-seasoned proctologist. I suppose
they won't be throwing in for her campaign.

Then there are her old homeboys, such as James Morris. Morris is the
fellow whom Sheehan accused of writing an "anti-Semitic" email to Ted
Koppel in her name. Here is the controversial text:

Am I emotional? Yes, my first born was murdered. Am I angry? Yes, he
was killed for lies and for a PNAC Neo-Con agenda to benefit Israel.
My son joined the army to protect America, not Israel. Am I stupid?
No, I know full well that my son, my family, this nation and this
world were betrayed by George Bush who was influenced by the neo-con
PNAC agendas after 9/11. We were told that we were attacked on 9/11
because the terrorists hate our freedoms and democracy ... not for the
real reason, because the Arab Muslims who attacked us hate our middle-
eastern foreign policy.

Many attacked Sheehan as anti-Semitic, but she swore she had nothing
to do with the email. Sweetness & Light nailed Sheehan for going
wobbly on her anti-Zionist credentials. But Morris warned Sheehan in a
letter, which he shared with me, that she may not have the right stuff
for his liking:

Cindy,

In running against Nancy Pelosi I can assume that you wouldn't dare
resist the pro-Israel influence coming from AIPAC though (see the
first page and the last twenty pages or so via
http://www.warwithoutend.co.uk/zone0/viewtopic.php?t=53 ). Look how
you caved so cowardly when the Zionist pressure came your way when you
did what you did to me nationally on the Fox News Channel as well (see
http://representativepress.blogspot....spc-casey.html
as I hope you pre-order a copy of the soon to be released Mearsheimer/
Walt book by searching under 'Mearsheimer' at www.amazon.com, and you
might want to buy a copy of James Petras' book on the power/influence
of the pro-Israel lobby via www.amazon.com as well - see
http://www.warwithoutend.co.uk/zone0...ic.php?t=75239 for his
latest article as Christopher Hedges' 'A Declaration of Independence
from Israel' article can be found via http://www.warwithoutend.co.uk/zone0...ic.php?t=75227
as it is a must read as well):

If Sheehan weren't a lapsed Catholic, she might want to go in for a
little penance - or better yet, an exorcism.

I am well aware that many leftoids consider Sheehan their imam, a
leader and teacher of all things pure. Melanie Morgan and I wrote in
"American Mourning" about the cultish behavior of some who traveled in
2005 to see Sheehan in Crawford, Texas. One guy fasted and cleared his
mind of all thoughts but Sheehan. This mind-clearing exercise was, of
course, not very difficult given the wide-open spaces inside his
cranium.

Cindy blogged today that she is already getting a lot of support,
which is believable given the numbers of folks who believe Sept. 11
was an inside job and that our great U.S. military has lost in Iraq.

The feedback I have been receiving since then has been about three to
one positive and supportive. Some people have offered to quit their
jobs to move to California's 8th to help my possible campaign. People
are lining up to donate and help and I am again very grateful and
touched beyond belief by the generosity and energy of my fellow
Americans.

Still, Sheehan faces other hurdles in her bid to oust Gen. Pelosi. No.
1: residency. When Sheehan retired as the face of the peace movement
mere weeks ago, she said she was going "home" to spend time with her
family. Her ex-husband and son live in Vacaville, but Cowtown isn't
the place from which to launch a San Francisco campaign. Sheehan's
daughters live in Dixon, where she now calls home. Dixon isn't much
friendlier to dictator-coddling types, but I understand Sheehan keeps
a low profile there.

The residency thing could be tricky. But I have an idea: Ed Jew. He is
the San Francisco supervisor who is under investigation for living
outside of the district that he's supposed to represent. The only
problem Sheehan may have with him is his last name. Still, his pad
would be a great safe house for Sheehan as she wages jihad on Pelosi.
The Peace Mom may even want to hire Jew as a consultant for residency
requirements.

The left-wingers of the left coast may face some interesting moral
decisions if Sheehan takes on Pelosi. Consider the Catholic vote.
Traditional Catholics, like me, would shy away from either candidate
like a vampire from garlic. But we're talking San Francisco. Sheehan's
Catholic credentials include being fired as a youth minister because
she was teaching untraditional issues to her charges and she had a
penchant for calling the pastor and some bishops "liars." Both Sheehan
and Pelosi are pro-abortion rights candidates, so that should set well
with leftist so-called Catholics.

I think it is fair to say that the Catholic vote is up for grabs.

Both women have done a fine job attacking President Bush. This is a
top concern of voters in the 8th Congressional District of California,
which takes in most of San Francisco. This is the city where "leaders"
tried to force the Blue Angels from performing flyovers, the ROTC are
considered Mephistopheles' children, and military men and women must
avoid wearing their uniforms in case they are mistaken as members of
the Village People.

Bush won only 14 percent of the vote in the 8th district during the
last election. When Sheehan calls the president a "*******," and the
"world's No. 1 terrorist," the district cheers her on. Pelosi works
hard at demeaning the presidency, but Sheehan has the edge here.

Because San Francisco is generally anti-military, both candidates have
instant credibility. Sheehan says now she wants instant pullout from
Iraq, but she admitted during a rally last year in San Francisco that
the white-flag-of-surrender option would take time. No "troops out
now." Sheehan will score points with the hate-America crowd because
she is actually on record (and photographs) loving on Venezuelan
dictator Hugo Chavez.

Important safety tip to Pelosi's camp: Chavez loves Sheehan and will
likely share the billions he has stolen from his countrymen to pad her
war chest. (I know this is illegal, but rules don't apply to the Peace
Mom).

Sheehan may have the upper hand when it comes to getting the "out
there" vote. This includes non-traditional Democrats. Sheehan has
already written off mainstream Democrats, if there is such a thing.
This is a brilliant political move with Congress' ratings lower than
an ant's sewer system. More of her blog:

I was a life-long Democrat only because the choices were limited. The
Democrats are the party of slavery and were the party that started
every war in the 20th Century except the other Bush debacle. The
Federal Reserve, permanent federal (and unconstitutional) income
taxes, Japanese Concentration Camps and, not one, but two atom bombs
dropped on the innocent citizens of Japan were brought to us via the
Democrats. Don't tell me the Democrats are our "Saviors" because I am
not buying it especially after they bought and purchased more caskets
and more devastating pain when they financed and co-facilitated more
of George's abysmal occupation and they are allowing a melt down of
our representative Republic by allowing the evils of the executive
branch to continue unrestrained by their silent complicity.

Last but not least, Sheehan must come up with a name for her party.
May I suggest Freedom Fighters? Sheehan actually coined this name for
the people who killed her hero son, Casey Sheehan. Terrorists shot
Casey on April 4, 2004, in a Baghdad slum where he was on a rescue
mission.