Nice static port for RVs and other homebuilts

Old October 27th 11, 04:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Bug Dout

Default Nice static port for RVs and other homebuilts

I'm building an RV-9A and finally installed the static ports today. Vans
provides a pair, one for each fuselage side, made from a couple of pull
rivits: Remove the stem and voila, instant static port. They seem to
work well but nobody likes the look.

SafeAir provides a nice kit with CNC machined static ports. I'm using
the kit for the plumbing but back in February saw on Vans Air Force yet
a 3rd make, some guy making them in his garage I guess. Also nicely
made, and have the advantage that they easily bolt on (instead of rivets
and/or ProSeal like SafeAir's) and the contact disk is small so doesn't
run into the bulkhead like the SafeAir contact disk does on the -9A,
when it's place according to Van's drawing.

Anyway, I tried to find the posts about these nice static ports again in
VAF, and guess what? The entire thread removed...kinda like the
Stalinist days in the Soviet Union when they'd retouch photos to remove
out-of-favor people from history. Yep, seems the owner of VAF is a real
fascist jerk when people mention a little product and won't cough up
advertising dollars to him.

So, I'll mention the guy's name here. I assume he's still offering these.

Razor Static Ports from:

Darrell Reiley
2313 Logan Drive
Round Rock, TX 78664-7703
--
The great nations have always acted like gangsters, and the small
nations like prostitutes.
Old October 28th 11, 05:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Richard[_8_]

On 10/28/2011 12:02 AM, Paul Saccani wrote:
On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 20:48:07 -0700, Bug
wrote:

I'm building an RV-9A and finally installed the static ports today. Vans
provides a pair, one for each fuselage side, made from a couple of pull
rivits: Remove the stem and voila, instant static port. They seem to
work well but nobody likes the look.

SafeAir provides a nice kit with CNC machined static ports. I'm using
the kit for the plumbing but back in February saw on Vans Air Force yet
a 3rd make, some guy making them in his garage I guess. Also nicely
made, and have the advantage that they easily bolt on (instead of rivets
and/or ProSeal like SafeAir's) and the contact disk is small so doesn't
run into the bulkhead like the SafeAir contact disk does on the -9A,
when it's place according to Van's drawing.

Personally, I prefer the boom type static port incorporated with the
pitot.

I have a spare one that you can have pretty cheap if you want one.
Bureau of Aeronautics - US Navy.
Aero Instrument corp
Non-heated - in the original box
UNUSED! Like new.

First $50 (plus shipping)

Richard
Old October 28th 11, 07:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Bug Dout

Paul Saccani writes:

Personally, I prefer the boom type static port incorporated with the
pitot.

I do too, but the Dynon AS/AOA pitot tube doesn't incorporate a static port.
--
What is the use of a house if you haven't got a tolerable planet to
put it on?

Static Port for Fairchild 24 [email protected] Home Built 3 April 28th 07 04:23 AM
Blow out static port [email protected] Owning 36 May 13th 05 02:59 PM
Is my static port leaking? Derrick Early Instrument Flight Rules 2 August 15th 04 01:13 AM
Why a static port? Paul Mennen Owning 11 August 19th 03 04:58 AM
Is a static port a precision thing? Larry Smith Home Built 8 August 12th 03 10:26 PM