trailer interior lighting?

Old February 16th 05, 05:45 AM
Ted Wagner

Default trailer interior lighting?

Bumper-San,

I love the idea of a solar panel on the trailer to provide trailer light and
glider battery recharge. I'm gonna do that!

If I see you or Ken at a contest, the margaritas will be my treat. (Notice
that I did not say "on me". Fool me once ...)

2NO

"bumper" wrote in message
Ken,

I mounted a battery box, forward in my Cobra, that is charged via a PV
panel on the roof. The battery can then be connected to a plug on the
glider wing root to charge or maintain the on-board batteries.

I installed a fluorescent light above the forward access hatch for light.
I planned on installing small halogen lights at the rear, for night use,
but haven't done that.

If you don't want to go with solar, and just want to charge from the tow
vehicle, be sure to use heavy enough wire for your planned load, 12 ga
should do (an old extension cord might be used) and install an in-line
fuse near where you get power from (assume the battery or fuse block).

all the best,

bumper
"ken ward" wrote in message
I'm looking at a little winter project, which is hooking up some
interior lights for the trailer, so that when the trailer is connected
to the tow vehicle, I can have some visibility inside after dark.

Or, with an internal battery and inverter, I could also power a
margarita blender!

Anyone have tips on this?

Ken
San Jose, CA

Old February 16th 05, 11:31 AM
Ken Kochanski (KK)

You can get high output white LEDs on Ebay ... just hook into harness
supplying running lights to trailer ... put in a switch to control of
course ... light weight ... no heat and very small load ... although a
lttle pricy ...

KK