Track ir, a very different sim experience.

Old February 26th 08, 06:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.simulators
indoubt

Default Track ir, a very different sim experience.

Check this out fellow sim aviators (if you allready haven't)
One friend recommended this to me and according to him ( and the videos
behind the link ) ,it actually works !
This item is in my list of "buy next"

If you ready own one, pls comment about it.

http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/...ct-videos.html

I have known track ir for quite some time, but have always thought that
it just can't work well enough to be worth the 200 dollars.
Untill now.

--

-indoubt-

"Cavaeat humanus sic tofu burritus e toga."

(Beware of the man with a tofu burrito in his toga.)

Old March 2nd 08, 07:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.simulators
At Where

Best thing since sliced bread once you get used to it. Slight learning
curve since you have to move your head but keep your eyes locked on
the screen. A very few can't get it. Most pick it up fine.

You may take some adjustment vs the defaults to get the amount you
need to move your head to match the amount you want your view to
change.

You'll also want to map a "center view" to your stick so you can reset
center periodically to avoid neck strain.

I used to be DEADLY on Lock-on in close in furballs. I could slew my
view at will quickly. Made flying the plane low and managing looking
at 1, 2, or even 3 baddies at the same time childs play.

With the Sukhoi helmet mounted sight, it was simply look, lock, and
shoot.

If anyone ever makes a F-35 sim down the road and has that bird's HMS
simulated, this thing will be a MUST for it.

Makes taxiing and pattern work a joy on MSFS. Also lets you look
around and explore the virtual cockpits easier on those longer boring
enroute segments.

Old March 7th 08, 09:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.simulators
MTB

You think that TrackIr is cool, how about this! I hadn't seen it
before and I was amazed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBgbN8iKj2c

If you search on RCV922 on youtube you will get quite a few hits. This
has to be the ultimate flight sim!

Check this one out for realism.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7aJTJuLSYo

I am currently looking into getting hold of these for the UK, but the
manufacturers only seem to have cars at the moment. It's early days
though so might be possible.

/\/\

Callair B 1 track NVArt Piloting 0 February 17th 08 01:31 AM
Does a Garmin GPS save a track? Al G[_1_] Instrument Flight Rules 11 February 1st 08 07:27 PM
AAL 489 Low-Fuel Track Plot Sam Spade Instrument Flight Rules 0 February 27th 07 06:20 PM
Track Santa Barney Frank Piloting 7 December 25th 05 01:33 PM
Track IR ? Denis Winters Simulators 0 August 22nd 03 05:16 AM