Open letter to Clark and others involved in the yEnc posts earlier

Old August 12th 07, 04:57 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Andrew-S

Default Open letter to Clark and others involved in the yEnc posts earlier

I have been way too to do anything but lurk from a far the past few days. I
too am thinking about Oshkosh for next year.

What would be cool is if the NG's regular shooters could have some sort of
get together at the event. In the not too distant future I will do a repost
from my visit to Oshkosh a couple of years ago.

Attached is an image from an on going project of mine at Washington Dulles
Airport...

Andrew

"Glenn" wrote in message

"Just Plane Noise" wrote in message
On Sat, 11 Aug 2007 08:01:44 -0400, "Hub Plott III"
wrote:

I am not a jerk nor do I wish to act like one.

Indeed, Hub, your post shows you to be quite a gentleman. For the
record, I've already thought of you as one of the decent people for
some days now!

Some poster a few days back threatened that if people posted in yEnc,
they'd leave this group with no friends. Well, I doubt it has
anything at all to do with yEnc, but there's a goodly handful on this
group I already consider friends--they're just decent people, and I
really do hope some come to Oshkosh some year!

I am so confident that next year I will be there :-)
It's about time I did it.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Terminal-0006-c.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	289.8 KB
ID:	16197
Old August 12th 07, 03:56 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Lynn in StLou[_2_]

Andrew-S wrote:
I have been way too to do anything but lurk from a far the past few days. I
too am thinking about Oshkosh for next year.

What would be cool is if the NG's regular shooters could have some sort of
get together at the event. In the not too distant future I will do a repost
from my visit to Oshkosh a couple of years ago.

Attached is an image from an on going project of mine at Washington Dulles
Airport...

Andrew

If you do, I will post mine from the same year.
Whatever happened to Tom?

Here is one. The gentleman is Bob Brunson, former
Corsair night fighter pilot. I got to speak with
him for about half an hour. I had hoped to
continue correspondence via email, but he chose
not to respond. Still, it was a privilege to
meet and talk with him.

--
Lynn in StLou
REMOVETHIS anti-spam measure to reply

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Oshkosh Bob Brunson.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	156.0 KB
ID:	16198
Old August 14th 07, 12:14 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave Speeking

What is the plane on the right just in front of the Westland Whirlwind?

Dave

Old August 14th 07, 08:46 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Pjmac35

"Dave Speeking" wrote in message
t...
What is the plane on the right just in front of the Westland Whirlwind?

Dave

My guesses are. starting from foreground, Seafire, Corsair, Martlet
(Wildcat), on the right, a yellow-nosed Barracuda, then a black-nosed one,
then another Martlet half-out of the hangar. Facing at the far end, a
yellow-nosed Sea Hurricane and something peeping out of the hangar at the
left, which I wouldn't even guess at! I think the second Barracuda's tail
might have suggested a Whirlwind?

Regards

Pat Macguire

Old August 14th 07, 10:26 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
RustYŠ RustYŠ is offline
Banned

"Casey Tompkins" wrote in message

Anyway, that's a great shot, with all the different types, and I'd
love to hear if anyone has any background context. For example: is
that really a base in England? The vegetation seems to indicate that.

The landscape and the vegetation suggest that this could well be summer in
the UK but the different types of aircraft together with a lack of squadron
markings is strange. Could this be a museum or even a film set ? If it is
a UK airbase it's the worst kept one that I have ever seen, the grass is a
right mess and everywhere looks very shabby.

Old August 14th 07, 03:44 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Pjmac35

"RustYŠ" wrote in message

"Casey Tompkins" wrote in message

Anyway, that's a great shot, with all the different types, and I'd
love to hear if anyone has any background context. For example: is
that really a base in England? The vegetation seems to indicate that.

The landscape and the vegetation suggest that this could well be summer in
the UK but the different types of aircraft together with a lack of
squadron
markings is strange. Could this be a museum or even a film set ? If it
is
a UK airbase it's the worst kept one that I have ever seen, the grass is a
right mess and everywhere looks very shabby.

There's an outside chance it could be Donibristle (HMS Merlin), in Fife,
which at one time was a Naval Aircraft Repair Yard.

Regards

Pat Macguire

Old August 14th 07, 05:49 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave Speeking

Pat; Right you are, it lacks the Whirlwind's "bullet".
Thanks.

Dave