Air to ground towing

Old June 10th 07, 09:16 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Paul[_3_]

Default Air to ground towing

Sure here -

"redc1c4" wrote in message

On Sat, 9 Jun 2007 08:39:29 -0500, "Paul" wrote:

This was pretty common in Vietnam...

Today Army Helicopters are forbidden to do it.

Yes, but civilian versions do it. Columbia helicopters did something
interesting with one of theirs
http://www.colheli.com/colheli.html and click on the "news and events"
item and scroll down to "hover barge photo"
NO, use John Mee3 at comcast dot net (remove the spaces and do the
obvious with the "dot" and the "at"

the original pic never made it to my server.... could someone pls repost?

redc1c4,
TIA!
--
"Enlisted men are stupid, but extremely cunning and sly, and bear
considerable watching."

Army Officer's Guide

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Track towing.JPG
Views:	41
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	12561
Old June 10th 07, 09:16 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Paul[_3_]

"adelsonsl" wrote in message
CAN YOU SIZE THESE DOWN PLEASE
"Paul" wrote in message
This was pretty common in Vietnam...

Today Army Helicopters are forbidden to do it.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Track towing.JPG
Views:	51
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	12565
Old June 10th 07, 09:17 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Paul[_3_]

"Paul" wrote in message
This was pretty common in Vietnam...

Today Army Helicopters are forbidden to do it.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Track towing 2.JPG
Views:	54
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	12569
Old June 10th 07, 09:32 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Pop`

Why such ridiculously huge file sizes? Irfanview is a good freebie if you
need to manipulate file sizes and compressions for images.

HTH
Pop`

Paul wrote:
Sure here -

Old June 10th 07, 11:47 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave Kearton

Paul wrote:
Sure here -

Great pics Paul, you shouldn't feel discouraged by some of the responses
here - although your pics were unusually large.

Just another tip on technique, when you're reposting an image - it's handy
to put the word "repost" or similar in the subject line - otherwise people
will download the identical image again.

Are they your pics, do you have more ?

There's a couple of ex-113 jockeys here and speaking for myself, I really
enjoy seeing unusual pics of them. Generally speaking, ANY on-topic
pic of a '113 is unusual in an aviation newsgroup. Like a pig, it's an
unlikely bird.

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton

Old June 10th 07, 11:50 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave Kearton

Default Air to ground towing - after some R&R

Chuck (in SC) wrote:

Great job.. Nice color correction..
Chuck (in SC)

Thanks Chuck, it's hard to guess the actual shade of green the carriers
were, mine was always dust coloured.

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton

Old June 11th 07, 04:18 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Paul[_3_]

"Dave Kearton" wrote in message
Paul wrote:
Sure here -

Great pics Paul, you shouldn't feel discouraged by some of the responses
here - although your pics were unusually large.

Just another tip on technique, when you're reposting an image - it's
handy
to put the word "repost" or similar in the subject line - otherwise people
will download the identical image again.

Are they your pics, do you have more ?

There's a couple of ex-113 jockeys here and speaking for myself, I really
enjoy seeing unusual pics of them. Generally speaking, ANY on-topic
pic of a '113 is unusual in an aviation newsgroup. Like a pig, it's an
unlikely bird.

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton

Howdy Dave,

I scanned those pictures for a friend at work, they were taken by his
cousin (one if the track drivers)
and he wanted a electronic copy of them.

I routinely work with large photo's so I guess I didn't think to resample
them and make them smaller before uploading them.

Thanks for the tips....

Paul

Old June 11th 07, 04:49 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave Kearton

Paul wrote:
Howdy Dave,

I scanned those pictures for a friend at work, they were taken by
his cousin (one if the track drivers)
and he wanted a electronic copy of them.

I routinely work with large photo's so I guess I didn't think to
resample them and make them smaller before uploading them.

Thanks for the tips....

Paul

Please pass on our regards to your friend an his cousin, good first-person
pics here are like rocking-horse poop.

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton

Old June 11th 07, 05:53 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Tankfixer

In article , dkearton///////
@ozemail.com.au mumbled
Paul wrote:
Sure here -

Great pics Paul, you shouldn't feel discouraged by some of the responses
here - although your pics were unusually large.

Just another tip on technique, when you're reposting an image - it's handy
to put the word "repost" or similar in the subject line - otherwise people
will download the identical image again.

Are they your pics, do you have more ?

There's a couple of ex-113 jockeys here and speaking for myself, I really
enjoy seeing unusual pics of them. Generally speaking, ANY on-topic
pic of a '113 is unusual in an aviation newsgroup. Like a pig, it's an
unlikely bird.

113's make good ice coolers too....

--
Usenetsaurus n. an early pedantic internet mammal, who survived on a
diet of static text and

Towing Roger Fowler Soaring 6 August 11th 05 04:25 AM
banner towing cmg2005 Piloting 3 June 13th 05 05:10 PM
Banner Towing Scott Schluer Piloting 19 May 4th 05 10:25 PM
Ground Stops and Ground Delay Programs [email protected] Piloting 1 February 18th 05 01:29 AM
235 Maule for towing Jim Harper Soaring 5 July 30th 03 07:43 AM