$$$'s make right?

Old July 9th 03, 03:29 PM
Sydney Hoeltzli

Default $$$'s make right?

Jay Honeck wrote:
What a sad commentary on our legal system.

Imagine -- paying a mouthpiece to dig up dirt on the poor cop who was
sitting in his car with a radar gun, just to get out of paying a speeding
ticket.

As if the cops don't have enough **** to deal with...

My God! Jay expresses a political opinion with which I agree,
wholeheartedly!

"end of the world predicted, news at 11"
Sydney

Old July 9th 03, 08:38 PM
Ron Natalie

"Kevin McCue" wrote in message ...
On a large sign at an established dairy farm (Phoenix area), directly
opposite the entrance to a new residential development across the road. "If
you don't like agricultural fragrances, insects and dust, Do not buy a house
here." Maybe airports should do the same?

Doesn't help. We have houses near airports that have the notice in the deed and
they still complain.

Old July 10th 03, 02:45 AM
Big John

Let me tell y'all a true story.

In the mid '50's at Moffett Naval Air Station (south of San Francisco)
a older lady lived just across Hwy 101 (bloody bay shore as it was
known). The location of her house was in the pattern Navy single
engine (fighter type) aircraft made a low base and turn from base to
final (like coming aboard) that went over her house.

She wanted the navy to buy her property (at a outrageous price) due to
aircraft flying over. She started calling Base Operations ever time a
bird went over. This ended up with the Navy setting up a duty roster
of Officers who took her calls and logged them 24 hrs a day.

In time the Navy went to her and said that the pilots couldn't pick
her house out from the others and they wanted to put up a beacon to
help the pilots know where she lived.

She agreed and the Navy took three telephone poles (longest I have
ever seen) and planted them in a 6 foot triangle and built a platform
on top and put a red flashing beacon on the platform. The most ugly
thing I have ever seen.

This caused the Navy Pilots to report the red light on base as they
flew over it and used it as a reporting point. G

At the end of my year of exchange duty with Navy, this was still going
on. A year or two later some of my Navy friends let me know that the
Navy had caved and met her price and bought her out to abate the
problem. I flew over one day and the poles had been taken down as a
obstacle to air navigation. You were only about 100 feet above them on
a normal VFR pattern and they were an accident waiting to happen.

All I can say is that the old gal was tough. She outlasted the Navy
which is hard to do G

I heard she died shortly after she was bought out by Navy. Shame.
Don't have many tought old birds like that any more.

Big John
Point of the sword

Old July 12th 03, 03:19 AM
Jay Honeck

I heard she died shortly after she was bought out by Navy. Shame.
Don't have many tought old birds like that any more.

Thank Goodness! The taxpayers couldn't afford it!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old July 12th 03, 03:21 AM
Jay Honeck

My God! Jay expresses a political opinion with which I agree,
wholeheartedly!

"end of the world predicted, news at 11"

It's one of the seven signs of the apocalypse. Soon to be followed by a
plague of locusts (see Utah this year), and war in the Middle East.

Yikes! Only four more to go!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old July 12th 03, 04:57 AM
StellaStar

My God! Jay expresses a political opinion with which I agree,
wholeheartedly!

"end of the world predicted, news at 11"

Oh, honestly. If you two met, you'd like each other. Smart, independent,
funny people with excellent brains and not near as prickly in person as one
might think from abbreviated Usenet posts. Y'can't get a whole picture of
someone through these little windows...
Old July 15th 03, 03:39 AM
Jay Honeck

Oh, honestly. If you two met, you'd like each other. Smart, independent,
funny people with excellent brains and not near as prickly in person as

one
might think from abbreviated Usenet posts. Y'can't get a whole picture of
someone through these little windows...

Hey, don't go ruining my carefully crafted prickly Usenet persona here,
Stella!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old July 15th 03, 04:17 AM
Sydney Hoeltzli

StellaStar wrote:
My God! Jay expresses a political opinion with which I agree,
wholeheartedly!
"end of the world predicted, news at 11"

Oh, honestly. If you two met, you'd like each other.

Of course we would.

But we still couldn't talk politics and stay in the same room
for more than 1/2 hr. And we'd still give each other crap about
it.

Same's true with ol' "Steakbreath" Stricker. I love him like
kin (good kin) but politically the only words we have in common
are pronouns and "a, an, the, it".

Cheers,
Sydney

Old July 15th 03, 04:52 AM
G.R. Patterson III

Jay Honeck wrote:

Hey, don't go ruining my carefully crafted prickly Usenet persona here,
Stella!

No fear.

George Patterson
The optimist feels that we live in the best of all possible worlds. The
pessimist is afraid that he's correct.
James Branch Cavel
Old July 15th 03, 04:54 AM
Jay Honeck

Hey, don't go ruining my carefully crafted prickly Usenet persona here,
Stella!

No fear.

Ya, easy for you to say.

There might be some easily influenced newbie here. Don't want Stella
wrecking my reputation!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA