Mechanics of Elevator Trim. In Detail.

Old June 8th 08, 07:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Default Mechanics of Elevator Trim. In Detail.

Le Chaud Lapin wrote in news:2bd217b4-297e-411f-
:

On Jun 8, 12:21*pm, wrote:
On Jun 7, 11:08 pm, Le Chaud Lapin wrote:
Also, for experienced pilots that know the answer, please do not ruin
it by telling everyone before any answers have been given, though if
you are not certain of the answer and would like to speculate, that's
fine.

-Le Chaud Lapin-

* *Guess you missed this thread:

http://groups.google.ca/group/rec.av...wse_thread/thr...

Did indeed.

Just glad that the answer is not laid-out in first few posts.

For students that are reading this, don't cheat by reading that
thread!

There is no point in giving your answer if you look it up first.

-Le Chaud Lapin-

So, what are they suposed to do, get it from reading tea leaves?

Bertie
Old June 8th 08, 08:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe

"Le Chaud Lapin" wrote in message
On Jun 8, 11:07 am, "Robert M. Gary" wrote:
On Jun 7, 10:08 pm, Le Chaud Lapin wrote:

What exactly happens when the trim is adjusted to point the nose
upward?

What type of plane is this for? I have a Mooney and also fly a 182.
Both trim system are very, very different.

For sake of those of us who only own MSFS, let's say a C172.

Does MSFS emulate the servo tab on the elevator? What does it do when you
change the trim in the air?

Trying to emulate real life trim on a simulation system that uses spring
centered control sticks isn't going to work like real life as you may
already know.

Should I post the spoiler on how a couple other mechanisims work (besides
servo tabs)?

--
Geoff
The Sea Hawk at Wow Way d0t Com

Old June 8th 08, 09:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
More_Flaps

On Jun 9, 7:29*am, "Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe" The Sea Hawk At Wow Way
D0t C0m wrote:
"Le Chaud Lapin" wrote in ...
On Jun 8, 11:07 am, "Robert M. Gary" wrote:

On Jun 7, 10:08 pm, Le Chaud Lapin wrote:

What exactly happens when the trim is adjusted to point the nose
upward?

What type of plane is this for? I have a Mooney and also fly a 182.
Both trim system are very, very different.

For sake of those of us who only own MSFS, let's say a C172.

Does MSFS emulate the servo tab on the elevator? What does it do when you
change the trim in the air?

Trying to emulate real life trim on a simulation system that uses spring
centered control sticks isn't going to work like real life as you may
already know.

Should I post the spoiler on how a couple other mechanisims work (besides
servo tabs)?

Why not? It woul be ejucational.

Cheers
Old June 8th 08, 10:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
More_Flaps

On Jun 9, 7:29*am, "Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe" The Sea Hawk At Wow Way
D0t C0m wrote:
"Le Chaud Lapin" wrote in ...
On Jun 8, 11:07 am, "Robert M. Gary" wrote:

On Jun 7, 10:08 pm, Le Chaud Lapin wrote:

What exactly happens when the trim is adjusted to point the nose
upward?

What type of plane is this for? I have a Mooney and also fly a 182.
Both trim system are very, very different.

For sake of those of us who only own MSFS, let's say a C172.

Does MSFS emulate the servo tab on the elevator? What does it do when you
change the trim in the air?

Trying to emulate real life trim on a simulation system that uses spring
centered control sticks isn't going to work like real life as you may
already know.

Should I post the spoiler on how a couple other mechanisims work (besides
servo tabs)?

I'll raise you one to make three additional trim systems. Any more?

Cheers
Old June 8th 08, 10:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

More_Flaps wrote in
:

On Jun 9, 7:29*am, "Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe" The Sea Hawk At Wow Way
D0t C0m wrote:
"Le Chaud Lapin" wrote in
messagenews:5c4deac0-2b92

On Jun 8, 11:07 am, "Robert M. Gary" wrote:

On Jun 7, 10:08 pm, Le Chaud Lapin wrote:

What exactly happens when the trim is adjusted to point the nose
upward?

What type of plane is this for? I have a Mooney and also fly a 182.
Both trim system are very, very different.

For sake of those of us who only own MSFS, let's say a C172.

Does MSFS emulate the servo tab on the elevator? What does it do when
you change the trim in the air?

Trying to emulate real life trim on a simulation system that uses
spring centered control sticks isn't going to work like real life as
you may already know.

Should I post the spoiler on how a couple other mechanisims work
(besides servo tabs)?

I'll raise you one to make three additional trim systems. Any more?

I can think of four for a total of five, depending on whether you'd
consider hydraulic centering to be the same as a bungee trim system.
theothersa re of course, a tab system which is th emost common light
aircraft system. the trimmable stab, a'la Cub and most airliners and the
vane, like some early T-carts had.. There're probably some others, but i
can't think of any.

Bertie

Old June 8th 08, 10:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Rich Ahrens[_2_]

On Jun 8, 12:21 pm, wrote:
On Jun 7, 11:08 pm, Le Chaud Lapin wrote:
Also, for experienced pilots that know the answer, please do not ruin
it by telling everyone before any answers have been given, though if
you are not certain of the answer and would like to speculate, that's
fine.
-Le Chaud Lapin-
Guess you missed this thread:

http://groups.google.ca/group/rec.av...wse_thread/thr...
Did indeed.

Just glad that the answer is not laid-out in first few posts.

For students that are reading this, don't cheat by reading that
thread!

There is no point in giving your answer if you look it up first.

-Le Chaud Lapin-

So, what are they suposed to do, get it from reading tea leaves?

Pull it out of their asses, of course, just as he does with most of his
posts.
Old June 8th 08, 10:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
More_Flaps

On Jun 9, 9:06*am, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
More_Flaps wrote :

On Jun 9, 7:29*am, "Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe" The Sea Hawk At Wow Way
D0t C0m wrote:
"Le Chaud Lapin" wrote in
messagenews:5c4deac0-2b92

[...]

I'd count that as the same -the acutuating system doesn't count, just
the aerodynamic priciples. So, if you have four I'll raise you again
one to make five... Any raise on five basic methods?

Cheers

Old June 8th 08, 10:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

More_Flaps wrote in
:

On Jun 9, 9:06*am, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
More_Flaps wrote
innews:64b157a9-99f5-4429-9125-d1e2

:

On Jun 9, 7:29*am, "Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe" The Sea Hawk At Wow Way
D0t C0m wrote:
"Le Chaud Lapin" wrote in
messagenews:5c4deac0-2b92
[...]

Yeah, they;re essentially the same.

Go on. I'll call.

Bertie

Old June 8th 08, 10:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Rich Ahrens wrote in
. net:

on 6/8/2008 1:25 PM Bertie the Bunyip said the following:
Le Chaud Lapin wrote in
:

http://groups.google.ca/group/rec.av...owse_thread/th
r...
Did indeed.

Just glad that the answer is not laid-out in first few posts.

For students that are reading this, don't cheat by reading that
thread!

There is no point in giving your answer if you look it up first.

-Le Chaud Lapin-

So, what are they suposed to do, get it from reading tea leaves?

Pull it out of their asses, of course, just as he does with most of
his posts.

Exactly...

Bertie
Old June 8th 08, 10:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
More_Flaps

On Jun 9, 9:24*am, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
More_Flaps wrote :

On Jun 9, 9:06*am, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
More_Flaps wrote
innews:64b157a9-99f5-4429-9125-d1e2

:

On Jun 9, 7:29*am, "Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe" The Sea Hawk At Wow Way
D0t C0m wrote:
"Le Chaud Lapin" wrote in
messagenews:5c4deac0-2b92
[...]

Should'nt we wait to see if there's any other raise?

Cheers

F-100 detail Pjmac35 Aviation Photos 0 July 26th 07 10:29 AM
Finding "Neutral" Position on Piper Elevator/Trim Tab [email protected] Owning 10 December 7th 06 02:43 PM
Detail pops in too late in FS2004 CatharticF1 Simulators 0 August 27th 03 03:25 AM