IFR w/pax under Single-Pilot/Single Aircraft 135

Old March 3rd 05, 10:12 PM
Bravo8500

Default IFR w/pax under Single-Pilot/Single Aircraft 135

Anybody know what the limitations are on flying IFR with passengers in
a single-engine under a single-pilot, single-aircraft part 135 cert?
Thanks for any info, I can't glean it from reading part 135.

Old March 3rd 05, 11:12 PM

In rec.aviation.owning Bravo8500 wrote:
Anybody know what the limitations are on flying IFR with passengers in
a single-engine under a single-pilot, single-aircraft part 135 cert?
Thanks for any info, I can't glean it from reading part 135.

Unfortunately, it is not going to happen. The FAA just will not issue
a Part 135 certificate for single-engine/single-pilot IFR with
passengers.

I've even tried to purchase an existing certificate... but the FAA
will also not allow the transfer. :-)

If anyone else has better/more-current information about HOW to
accomplish a Part 135 certificate single-engine/single-pilot IFR and
Night with passengers, please contact me, too!!!!

Best regards,

Jer/ "Flight instruction and mountain flying are my vocation!" Eberhard

--
Jer/ (Slash) Eberhard, Mountain Flying Aviation, LTD, Ft Collins, CO
CELL 970 231-6325 EMAIL jer'at'frii.com WEB http://users.frii.com/jer/
Old March 4th 05, 01:05 AM
Stan Gosnell

"Bravo8500" wrote in
oups.com:

Anybody know what the limitations are on flying IFR with passengers in
a single-engine under a single-pilot, single-aircraft part 135 cert?
Thanks for any info, I can't glean it from reading part 135.

The limitations are that you can't do it. Period.

--
Regards,

Stan

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." B. Franklin
Old March 4th 05, 01:24 AM
John Clonts

"Stan Gosnell" wrote in message ...
"Bravo8500" wrote in
oups.com:

Anybody know what the limitations are on flying IFR with passengers in
a single-engine under a single-pilot, single-aircraft part 135 cert?
Thanks for any info, I can't glean it from reading part 135.

The limitations are that you can't do it. Period.

I was thinking that Richard Kaplan did that in his P210, but I haven't seen any posts on usenet from him in
quite a while....yes, here it is (or google for "kaplan 135")...

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...7b00ccc1c61305

Cheers,
John Clonts
Temple, Texas
N7NZ

Old March 4th 05, 01:37 AM
Bravo8500

Wow, great info. Start out VFR and go from there. I wonder if that's
still the case, hmm. Thanks!

Old March 4th 05, 02:40 AM
Blanche

In article , wrote:
In rec.aviation.owning Bravo8500 wrote:
Anybody know what the limitations are on flying IFR with passengers in
a single-engine under a single-pilot, single-aircraft part 135 cert?
Thanks for any info, I can't glean it from reading part 135.

Unfortunately, it is not going to happen. The FAA just will not issue
a Part 135 certificate for single-engine/single-pilot IFR with
passengers.

This seems odd. Can the Pilatus (single engine) be flown single
pilot? Seems to be a candidate for Part 135 use.

I realize 14 CFR 135.4 states explicitly two crewmembers for an
on-demand operation but where is the exclusion of single engine? or
alternatively, the definition that requires 2+ engines? I can't find
it in my copy of the FARs. But then, I'm not suffering from
insomnia, so I'm not reading it closely.....

(*chortle*)

Old March 4th 05, 02:49 AM
Bill J

I think I read that you can do it with dual electrical/vacuum systems

Old March 4th 05, 03:32 AM
Scott Skylane

Mike Rapoport wrote:

I thought that you could do it with a turboprop (PC-12)?

There are a couple of outfits here in Alaska that run PC-12's Part 135,
IFR, single pilot.

Happy Flying!
Scott Skylane
Old March 4th 05, 05:16 AM
Dude

"Bravo8500" wrote in message
ups.com...
Wow, great info. Start out VFR and go from there. I wonder if that's
still the case, hmm. Thanks!

I didn't read the link, but it appears that your FSDO has a lot to say about
it. They have zero downside in saying no, and can screw up their careers if
they approve it and something happens.

Which way will they go? You better be make GOOD buddies with them, or have
some other leverage.