CH ProPedals problem

Old October 3rd 04, 09:37 PM
Cynthia Reid

Default CH ProPedals problem

Hi, I am new to flightsim and struggling at nearly 70 to get to grips with
it.
I have FS2002 Professional and XP Home. I got the CH Yoke and ProPedals and
have installed them without any problem. All seemed well - just plug in USBs
and go, as the drivers are incorporated.
However I find that after FS has been running for an hour or two the pedals
stop working and I can't calibrate them. This happens even when FS is just
running in the background and I am busy doing something else. The only cure
I have found is to reboot.
Can anyone tell me why this happens and how I can prevent it?
Many thanks

Cynthia Reid

Old October 4th 04, 01:04 PM
Ed Medlin

I had a similar problem and fixed it by getting a powered USB hub and using
that. I am not sure why it worked, but it did.

Ed Medlin

Old October 5th 04, 07:48 PM
Marc Beije

Hi Cynthia,

It sounds like Windows is shutting off the power to the USB port your pedals
are plugged into. Open the Device Manager (right-click on My Computer,
select Properties, and click the Device Manager button on the Hardware tab).
Look for the USB root hub (or something that sounds similar) at the bottom
of the list, right-click to select the Properties, and look for the "Allow
the computer to turn off this device to save power". Uncheck that and
hopefully the problem is solved.

Good luck, Marc

Old October 5th 04, 08:49 PM
Cynthia Reid

Thanks Marc and Ed.
I have removed the power management from all the USB root hubs and will see
if that helps. If not I'll get myself a powered USB hub - in fact I think I
have one somewhere from my previous computer which was less well endowed!

Thanks again
Cynthia

GEM 1200 Problem Jim Kaufeld Owning 11 March 22nd 04 03:54 AM
A problem in the Military ? Nick Jade Military Aviation 54 March 15th 04 07:59 PM
Garmin fixes moving waypoint problem -- almost Jon Woellhaf Instrument Flight Rules 6 November 28th 03 05:29 PM
Seat height problem Slav Inger Piloting 7 July 22nd 03 02:31 PM
Wanted clever PA32 engineer's thoughts - Gear extention problem on Piper Lance [email protected] Owning 5 July 22nd 03 12:35 AM