While we're talking about Garmin GPS

Old December 1st 03, 04:21 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Andrew Gideon" wrote in message
online.com...

We are?

Yup.

Looks around I don't think so.

You'd probably think differently if you had bothered to read the entire
thread before posting. Backtrack a few messages and you'll find this posted
by Airperson on 11/25:

"I presume you mean non-radar full position reports. That is where having
the
route as a flight plan would be quite useful."

The OP didn't state this, so I'm not sure from where you picked it up.
Looking at the original posting, there was no context provided as to why a
position report was being given. He or she did mention "IFR proficiency
flight", but perhaps they were flying VFR with the left-seater under the
hood.

If one were on an IFR flight plan, RADAR or not, I cannot see the need
expressed by the original poster. Reports are at waypoints, and - however
one knows this - one is *at* the waypoint. What to report is therefore
pretty obvious.

You do know that, right?

Oh, I know all about it.

So, I'm guessing that he or she was referring to VFR. But I don't pretend
to be omniscient, so I'll have to leave it at "I don't know". Care to try
it yourself?

Read all of the messages and I think it will become clear to you.

Old December 2nd 03, 11:28 PM
Andrew Gideon

Steven P. McNicoll wrote:

You'd probably think differently if you had bothered to read the entire
thread before posting. Backtrack a few messages and you'll find this
posted by Airperson on 11/25:

"I presume you mean non-radar full position reports. That is where having
the
route as a flight plan would be quite useful."

Ah yes. And "presume" means "I'm sure I know what the OP meant".

- Andrew