Jay's Fruit Diet - Update

Old July 4th 05, 11:07 PM
Jon Kraus

Default Jay's Fruit Diet - Update

I don't know if any of you out there have tried Jay's "fruit for
breakfast and lunch" diet but I did and have these results to post:

I have been doing my own version of this for 6 weeks or so. I started
out for the first week or two doing exactly what Jay did. After 2 weeks
I could no longer eat fruit for every lunch so I started just trying to
be sensible about my lunch intake. I no longer am stopping at Taco Bell
and eating 1000 calories of that stuff for lunch. I also am only
allowing myself 1 can of regular soda per day instead of my usual 3 or
so. I then eat pretty much whatever I want for dinner and just watch my
portions.

Results: went from 200# to 189#. I think if I decide to throw a little
exercise in there I would probably drop another 10#. We'll see. I am
jsut happy as hell to be below 190#

Thanks Jay for starting me on this journey!!

Jon Kraus
PP-ASEL-IA
'79 Mooney 201

Old July 5th 05, 02:13 PM
Jay Honeck

Results: went from 200# to 189#. I think if I decide to throw a little
exercise in there I would probably drop another 10#. We'll see. I am jsut
happy as hell to be below 190#

Thanks Jay for starting me on this journey!!

Awesome, Jon! I didn't mean to start a new "Pilot's Diet" here, but what
the heck.

BTW: After several months, I'm still with it, and expect to be for life.
The strawberries at this time of year are awesome -- big as plums, and sweet
as candy. I'm munching on them all day long, am never hungry (I throw in
apples, bananas, and an occasional flavored rice cake once in a while, for
variety), my blood pressure is normal (the whole reason for starting this,
as you may recall) -- and, best of all, I'm at my target weight of 175
pounds!

I haven't weighed 175 since COLLEGE, 23 years ago. It's an amazing
feeling, having your pants fall off without a belt! :-)

23 pounds have melted away, almost without effort. I'm never hungry (did I
already say that?), and I still eat one "normal" meal each day, which can
include ANYTHING. Cake, pie, ice cream, beer, margaritas, fried chicken --
who cares? Whatever you want to eat, it's yours, cuz you've eaten nothing
but healthy fruits all day long, eliminating tons of fat and calories from
your diet.

Knowing that the "Reward Meal" is waiting at the end of the day makes eating
fruit easy -- especially when I'm literally gorging myself on the stuff.
And something interesting I've discovered: After a month or two of eating
fruit all day long, your capacity for greasy fried foods goes way down. You
would think I'd be absolutely stuffing myself with cheesecake at the end of
a "fruity" day -- but that's just not the case. I don't know if your
stomach shrinks, or if your tastes change, or what, but I'll sit down ready
to really go at it, and I'll be full LONG before I expected to be.

And, finally, no more Tums, Rolaids, or Prilosec every night, because I
don't have acid reflux anymore. That has been an unexpected and VERY nice
side effect.

I think I've stumbled across the easiest, most successful diet, ever.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old July 5th 05, 03:57 PM
RST Engineering

The eye plays funny tricks at this hour of the morning. I would have SWORN
the first time I read this it said that "your testes change".

{;-)

Jim

Old July 5th 05, 04:53 PM
Jim Burns

"RST Engineering" wrote in message
The eye plays funny tricks at this hour of the morning. I would have

SWORN
the first time I read this it said that "your testes change".

Well.... Jay did say "fruity" and.... "It's an amazing
feeling, having your pants fall off without a belt!"

Maybe!

Jim Burns

Old July 5th 05, 05:28 PM
Jay Honeck

The eye plays funny tricks at this hour of the morning. I would have
SWORN
the first time I read this it said that "your testes change".

Well.... Jay did say "fruity" and.... "It's an amazing
feeling, having your pants fall off without a belt!"

Maybe!

You know, I expect this kind of stuff from the Left Coasters -- but
from a fellow-Wisconsinite?

That ain't right...

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old July 5th 05, 05:40 PM
Jim Burns

You know, I expect this kind of stuff from the Left Coasters -- but
from a fellow-Wisconsinite?

That ain't right...

ROFL I'm just glad you responded!! If you hadn't I'd have been REALLY
worried!!
Jim

Old July 5th 05, 05:48 PM

On 5-Jul-2005, "Jay Honeck" wrote:

I didn't mean to start a new "Pilot's Diet" here, but what the heck.

"Pilot's diet?" Over the past few years, between the two of us, my wife and
I have shed about 60 lbs. That translates to an extra hour of cruise fuel
endurance when we're flying together in the Arrow with our usual mountain of
baggage.
--
-Elliott Drucker

Old July 5th 05, 06:19 PM
Mike Gaskins

I've been calorie counting myself. I stepped on the scales a while
back and it shockingly said 238 lbs. That's higher that I had ever
been in my life, so I've relegated myself to 1800 calories per day.

Doesn't matter what I eat. I can have a burger if I want; milkshake if
I want; 5 Mountain Dews per day if I want. The only catch is I look at
the Nutrition labels on the back of EVERYTHING (and I only eat at
restaurants that publish their Nutritional Data). I do the math to
figure out the # of cals in everything I eat, then write that down.
Once I make it to 1800 - time to stop eating for today. I can still
drink all the water I want (and if I get REALLY hungry I can eat dill
pickles as they have almost no calories).

I've managed to get down to 228 lbs now. It's slow going (weight
usually drops off at around 1 to 2 lbs per week), but given that I can
satisfy any craving I have, it makes it a lot easier to stick to.
Though it's a ways off, I'm hoping to get back under 200 lbs (haven't
been there in about 8 years).

Of course this is all for piloting too. I've been looking at various
homebuilt airplanes, and quite a few of the single seaters that I'm
interested in (namely the Nieuport 11/17 replicas) don't look like they
would lift me + full fuel off the ground . I'm hoping to improve
that situation LOL.

Old July 5th 05, 07:33 PM
ShawnD2112

Congrats to both of you! Notice any change in fuel burn?

I lost 40 pounds over the last couple of years. The Pitts is definitely
more spritely at the top of the verticals than it used to be. I can do some
cool gyro stuff I don't remember doing before!

Shawn
Lighter than when in high school