how to get NACO online charts conveniently?

Old June 15th 04, 02:33 AM
Matt Whiting

Roy Smith wrote:
Matt Whiting wrote:

Not many non-tower fields have runway and taxi way layouts that are all
that complicated. I'm sure there's one somewhere in the US, but I
haven't come across it yet.

The most complicated non-towered field I know if is HTO
(http://www.myairplane.com/databases/...5016VDRG10.PDF).
Three runways, and the main runway parallel taxiway doesn't go the whole
length. At night, it's easy to get confused as to where you're going.
DAMHIKT :-)

Non-towered airports with more than one runway make me uncomfortable.
Make it three runways, with two of them doubling as taxiways, and it
becomes downright scary.

Where's your sense of adventure, Roy! :-)

Matt

Old June 15th 04, 04:12 AM
Stan Gosnell

Roy Smith wrote in
:

Not to mention (if I counted right) 13 DP's and 7 STAR's!

Those are for the Houston area, with both HOU, IAH, EFD, and
lots of smaller airports around. I've never been given any of
those in all the years I've been flying out of here. I don't
fly big iron at flight levels.

--
Regards,

Stan
Old June 15th 04, 03:58 PM
Tom Sixkiller

wrote in message ...

Unfortunately, those mini-diagrams don't have taxiway data or

building
layouts.

You need to look closer. They have taxiways and ramps, although they

don't
have buildings.

Some of the larger ones perhaps, but one place I go (EFC) it only shows

the
runway and general shape of the ramp...and that's actually sorta

inaccurate.
What I like with a full AD is being able to find a taxi way when the

ground
controller tells me where to go...literally.

Jeppesen shows exactly the same airport layout for EFC as does NACO.

There
isn't any taxiway.

Yes. And this is of interest...why? The topic is the lack of AD's on certain
airports and the fact that the mini-diagrams are not very detailed. So...

Old June 15th 04, 06:20 PM

Tom Sixkiller wrote:

wrote in message ...

[...]

The topic is "How to Get NACO online charts conveniently, then it digressed to
someone not wanting to give up Jepps for NACO because of Jepp's airport
diagrams. What's an "AD?"