Avgas Coming Down?

Old August 30th 06, 07:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

Default Avgas Coming Down?

Ross Richardson wrote:
Robert M. Gary wrote:
Exxon-Mobile has been good to us.

Indeed. They have spent billions on oil exploration to keep our oil
supply available. They also hold a good share of the market and create
competition that keeps prices down. If Exxon were to leave the market,
there is no doubt prices would rise until someone else filled that
void.
Of course, if you don't like the company I'm sure they would not send a
hit-man to your house if you chose to buy your gas elsewhere.

-Robert

Old August 30th 06, 07:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Ross Richardson[_2_]

Robert M. Gary wrote:
Ross Richardson wrote:

Robert M. Gary wrote:
Exxon-Mobile has been good to us.

Indeed. They have spent billions on oil exploration to keep our oil
supply available. They also hold a good share of the market and create
competition that keeps prices down. If Exxon were to leave the market,
there is no doubt prices would rise until someone else filled that
void.
Of course, if you don't like the company I'm sure they would not send a
hit-man to your house if you chose to buy your gas elsewhere.

-Robert

I just have some of their stock, I don't necessarily buy exclusively
from them. I have a friend that on principal will not buy Exxon-Mobile.
Just watch whose trucks fill up gas stations. Can be anyone. You never
know really whose gasoline is in the ground.

--

Regards, Ross
C-172F 180HP
Old August 30th 06, 08:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Newps

Denver is $2.70.

Ron Lee wrote:
Jon Kraus wrote:

Here in Indianapolis I have seen Mogas go down from $3.20 a gallon to
$2.50 and it appears that it will keep on dropping.

That is just plain wrong. I heard a news report that for the second
week in a row gas prices dropped eight cents. Here in CO I just saw
the first drop in many weeks...2 cents. Still $2.93 for the cheapest
unleaded.

100LL around $4.10

Ron Lee

Old August 30th 06, 08:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Newps

Oil companies have nothing to do with the price of oil. Oil is a
commodity and is traded as such.

Robert M. Gary wrote:

Ross Richardson wrote:

Kingfish wrote:
That is what this newscast said this morning - the market "overpriced"
itself. Nor sure what that meant. But, if we were gouged then the oil
companies need to refund our money. I know - fat chance.

A responsible oil company should charge you as much as you are willing
to pay. Oil is provided by for-profit companies. Oil prices are held
down by competition. "gouging" implies that either the companies
illegally got together and fixed prices or you don't understand free
market enterprise. If you think the oil companies are making too much
money, switch sides, buy some oil stock and share the profits.

-Robert

Old August 30th 06, 09:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

"Ron Lee" wrote in message
Jon Kraus wrote:

Here in Indianapolis I have seen Mogas go down from $3.20 a gallon to
$2.50 and it appears that it will keep on dropping.

That is just plain wrong. I heard a news report that for the second
week in a row gas prices dropped eight cents. Here in CO I just saw
the first drop in many weeks...2 cents. Still $2.93 for the cheapest
unleaded.

100LL around $4.10

Ron Lee

100LL hasn't dropped yet in South Arkansas but over the past 2 weeks we've
seen a .30 drop in Reg UL from 2.99 to 2.69

Old August 30th 06, 10:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack[_1_]

("ET" wrote)
Oh, and forgot to mention that people don't drive/fly as much with gas
almost triple the price of 5 years ago....

In the late 90's, gasoline at the pump was approx 60¢ for a brief spell (not
adding in tax). It just finished running approx $3.00 (not adding in tax)

Gas prices have quintupled, inside of 7 years, from extreme to extreme.

Montblack

Old August 30th 06, 10:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Ron Lee

"Gig 601XL Builder" wrDOTgiaconaATcox.net wrote:

Here in Indianapolis I have seen Mogas go down from $3.20 a gallon to
$2.50 and it appears that it will keep on dropping.

That is just plain wrong. I heard a news report that for the second
week in a row gas prices dropped eight cents. Here in CO I just saw
the first drop in many weeks...2 cents. Still $2.93 for the cheapest
unleaded.

100LL around $4.10

Ron Lee

100LL hasn't dropped yet in South Arkansas but over the past 2 weeks we've
seen a .30 drop in Reg UL from 2.99 to 2.69

That is my point. You report 30 cents. The first poster 70 cents and
all I have seen is a lousy 2 cent decrease.

Ron Lee
Old August 30th 06, 10:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Burns[_1_]

Could be worse Ron....
You could be buying transport loads for nearly the same as the pump prices!
Unreal.... I've never seen such a price disparity between wholesale terminal
and retail. Everybody here is blaming the supply problems.
Jim

Old August 31st 06, 01:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
me[_1_]

O.K. Robert

I guess your free market theories don't take in to account there illegal
activities huh !

"This story ran on nwitimes.com on Wednesday, August 30, 2006 12:12 AM CDT

WASHINGTON | Federal investigators are reportedly looking into whether BP
PLC manipulated crude-oil and gasoline markets, the latest in a string of
inquiries into the British oil company."

US investigates gasoline and oil trading by BP
Regulators look for signs company tried to rig market
By Bloomberg News | August 30, 2006

BP P LC, Europe's second-largest oil company, is being investigated by U S
authorities for possible manipulation of the crude-oil and unleaded-gasoline
markets, a spokesman said.

The crude -oil inquiry is the subject of an investigation by the U S
Commodity Futures Trading Commission, which regulates futures markets.

Old August 31st 06, 01:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
nrp

It is a Milton Friedman stated principal that for a commodity in a
capitalistic system, price will to follow replacement cost. This means
going up - and going down.

Avgas Coming Down? Jon Kraus Piloting 56 September 1st 06 09:19 PM
Avgas price and the light plane ownership M Owning 56 July 10th 05 04:55 AM
OSH - The French are coming. The French are coming :-) Montblack Owning 3 April 22nd 05 04:20 PM
OSH - The French are coming. The French are coming :-) Montblack Piloting 3 April 22nd 05 04:20 PM
millionaire on the Internet... in weeks! Malcolm Austin Soaring 0 November 5th 04 11:14 PM