Federal Budget Is Out ..

Old February 5th 07, 09:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Beckman

Default Federal Budget Is Out ..

http://www.aopa.org/whatsnew/newsite...05funding.html

Jay B

Old February 5th 07, 10:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Marco Leon

On Feb 5, 4:48 pm, "Jay Beckman" wrote:
http://www.aopa.org/whatsnew/newsite...05funding.html

Jay B

Let me get this straight. Is the budget proposing to increase the gas
taxes four-fold first, then switch it over to a user fee structure
afterward or are the user fees going to ON TOP of an increased gas
tax? If it's the latter, then we are all about to get our asses handed
to us.

Marco

Old February 5th 07, 11:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Noel

In article .com,
"Marco Leon" wrote:

Let me get this straight. Is the budget proposing to increase the gas
taxes four-fold first, then switch it over to a user fee structure
afterward or are the user fees going to ON TOP of an increased gas
tax? If it's the latter, then we are all about to get our asses handed
to us.

what are the odds the government gives up a tax?

--
Bob Noel
Looking for a sig the

Old February 5th 07, 11:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Doug[_1_]

Bush term has run up more Federal deficit than any other president. We
are SWAMPED in Federal red ink. We are getting away with it, for now.
But it will rear it's ugly head someday, I believe. Trillions of
Federal debt!!

Old February 5th 07, 11:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Don Tuite

On Mon, 05 Feb 2007 18:14:23 -0500, Bob Noel
wrote:

what are the odds the government gives up a tax?

Depends on yer income level, dunnit?

Don
Old February 5th 07, 11:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Newps

Doug wrote:

Bush term has run up more Federal deficit than any other president. We
are SWAMPED in Federal red ink. We are getting away with it, for now.
But it will rear it's ugly head someday, I believe. Trillions of
Federal debt!!

We heard all that in the 80's. Won't happen.
Old February 5th 07, 11:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Buck Murdock

In article .com,
"Doug" wrote:

Bush term has run up more Federal deficit than any other president. We
are SWAMPED in Federal red ink. We are getting away with it, for now.
But it will rear it's ugly head someday, I believe. Trillions of
Federal debt!!

Yup. A democrat will have to come clean up the mess, and get blamed for
stifling the economy because taxes went up, all to pay off Bush's war
tab. Infuriating.
Old February 5th 07, 11:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Whiting

Buck Murdock wrote:

In article .com,
"Doug" wrote:

Bush term has run up more Federal deficit than any other president. We
are SWAMPED in Federal red ink. We are getting away with it, for now.
But it will rear it's ugly head someday, I believe. Trillions of
Federal debt!!

Yup. A democrat will have to come clean up the mess, and get blamed for
stifling the economy because taxes went up, all to pay off Bush's war
tab. Infuriating.

Hey, if they (the Democrates) are dumb enough to run and win the office,
then no complaining about it later.

Matt
Old February 6th 07, 12:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dallas

On 5 Feb 2007 14:09:21 -0800, Marco Leon wrote:

If it's the latter, then we are all about to get our asses handed
to us.

Is AOPA doing more than just ringing alarm bells about all this?

--
Dallas
Old February 6th 07, 01:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Noel

In article .com,
"Doug" wrote:

Bush term has run up more Federal deficit than any other president. We
are SWAMPED in Federal red ink. We are getting away with it, for now.
But it will rear it's ugly head someday, I believe. Trillions of
Federal debt!!

Congress is responsible for appropriating money.

--
Bob Noel
Looking for a sig the

REAL BUDGET BUSTER Cribsheet Piloting 2 December 18th 04 10:02 PM
Control Tower Controversy brewing in the FAA PlanetJ Instrument Flight Rules 168 December 6th 03 01:51 PM
Control Tower Controversy brewing in the FAA PlanetJ Piloting 167 December 6th 03 01:51 PM
USA Defence Budget Realities Stop SPAM! Military Aviation 17 July 9th 03 02:11 AM