Flight Simulator now being used by flight instructors

Old October 27th 03, 02:25 PM
kallijaa

"Chris Norris" wrote in message

Peripheral vision? If you had persistently relied upon peripheral vision
for situation awareness at a military flying school you would have been a
candidate for elimination. You would have been taught to "keep your head
out of the cockpit and on a swivel." In other words, during contact

flight,
your instructor would want to see your head up and in constant motion,
traversing a very wide angle . You would be taught to cross check
instruments quickly and return to the routine of turning your head so

that
you could see directly your situation. Good peripheral vision would be a
requirement for your acceptance in the program, but you would not make

the
grade relying on it as you suggest.

Thank you for your candid opinions on my flying ability. Yeah, I
remember you sitting in the back watching my every move during the
lessons.

For your information I value my life and so the instructor did not
have to tell me to look around regularly and before manoevring.

Good for you.

Do you really imagine I sat there and only looked at the panel and
through the front windshield, with my head fixed and eyes forward like
a freakin crash test dummy or something?

I know that this will be hard for you to take and I really don't want to
upset you, but the fact is, you have not been uppermost in my mind.
Moreover, I hadn't so much as imagined your existance till now and am having
difficulty with the concept at present. In general, however, the behavior
you mention is typical of new student pilots.

I think a lot of people can tell the difference between sitting at a
computer desk and sitting in a cockpit. I know I can and I'm starting
to wonder if you cannot and therefore are taking it out on the fine
people in this group?

Good for you. Thinking and wondering should help you to sort it all out.

Anyway, this whole discussion wasn't about just turning one's head. It
was about using FS as a training aid.
For instance you can read a
mutlitude of books on navigation but putting theory into practice and
using the instruments and charts for real is a different ball game and
requires hours of practice.

All I'm saying is that as a training aid
FS is a valuble addition to ground school and you can practice
whenever you like.

Chris Norris

Apparently, you have not bothered to read the entire thread. Do that and a
little more thinking and wondering.

Kalijaa

Old October 27th 03, 04:37 PM
Chris Norris

For your information I value my life and so the instructor did not
have to tell me to look around regularly and before manoevring.

Good for you.

Yes it was good for me in that I scanned the instruments and scanned
outside in a regular manner without hitting anything. In fact you
could say 'Very good for you'. Like five portions of vegetables a day
or eating a fibre-rich cereal.

I know that this will be hard for you to take

Not really, I have a life and friends and a good woman. My world
encompasses more than this newsgroup and, well, you!

, but the fact is, you have not been uppermost in my mind.

Big deal. Like that means something to me.

Good for you. Thinking and wondering should help you to sort it all out.

Is there an echo in here? Yes, maybe more people should think before
posting to newsgroups...

Apparently, you have not bothered to read the entire thread. Do that and a
little more thinking and wondering.

A great man has written! Not only do you know of my flying lessons you
also know of my computer usage like you have sat next to me and taken
notes. Yet we are strangers and may come from different lands.
What will the prophet say next?

// No I didn't bother to read the entire thread, I just pick posts at
random and write nonsense. //

Naturally I read all preceding posts before commenting to avoid saying
something which would brand me a 'donkey' or to draw what is commonly
known as 'flame posts' written by 'trolls' who like to cause
unnecessary arguments.

Good day to you Sir, I shall retire to the drawing room where I will
partake in a session of Microsoft Flight Simulator version 2004: A
Century of Flight and continue to practice navigation in conjunction
with my Jeppesen charts of the European countries.

Chris
Old October 27th 03, 08:11 PM
kallijaa

"Chris Norris" wrote in message
For your information I value my life and so the instructor did not
have to tell me to look around regularly and before manoevring.

Good for you.

Yes it was good for me in that I scanned the instruments and scanned
outside in a regular manner without hitting anything. In fact you
could say 'Very good for you'. Like five portions of vegetables a day
or eating a fibre-rich cereal.

I know that this will be hard for you to take

Not really, I have a life and friends and a good woman. My world
encompasses more than this newsgroup and, well, you!

, but the fact is, you have not been uppermost in my mind.

Big deal. Like that means something to me.

It must mean a great deal to you, else why ask: "Do you really imagine I
sat there and only looked at the panel and
through the front windshield, with my head fixed and eyes forward like a
freakin crash test dummy or something?"

I'll try to make it easier for you to understand: I did not and do not
imagine that you sat there doing that or anything else. I did not imagine
anything at all about you prior to your appearance here and I do not intend
to waste time imagining about you in the future. You see, I don't really
care what you do or don't do. My original post was not directed at you and
this thread is not the "What in the hell is Chris Norris about" forum.

Try to understand that you are not really the center of the universe. It
does not revolve around you and most, if not all of those that may seem to
you to be out to get you, aren't even aware of your existence.

Good for you. Thinking and wondering should help you to sort it all out.

Is there an echo in here? Yes, maybe more people should think before
posting to newsgroups...

I can't resist the temptation to echo that! Good going!!

Apparently, you have not bothered to read the entire thread. Do that and

little more thinking and wondering.

A great man has written! Not only do you know of my flying lessons you
also know of my computer usage like you have sat next to me and taken
notes. Yet we are strangers and may come from different lands.
What will the prophet say next?

I prophesy that you will continue, for some few years, in your egocentric
quest for the stature and acclaim you feel you so richly deserve.

// No I didn't bother to read the entire thread, I just pick posts at
random and write nonsense. //

Naturally I read all preceding posts before commenting to avoid saying
something which would brand me a 'donkey' or to draw what is commonly
known as 'flame posts' written by 'trolls' who like to cause
unnecessary arguments.

The first of those two paragraphs served you better than the last.

Good day to you Sir, I shall retire to the drawing room where I will
partake in a session of Microsoft Flight Simulator version 2004: A
Century of Flight and continue to practice navigation in conjunction
with my Jeppesen charts of the European countries.

What a wasted opportunity. You could have as easily said, "Look at me
everybody, I'm off now to fly the Grand Piano and play with my Aeroplane
Simulator."

Chris

Kalijaa

Old October 27th 03, 08:41 PM
Dashii

"DwightD" far@away wrote in message
On 26 Oct 2003 20:45:09 -0600, "Dr. Speedbyrd :"
wrote:

what would you know about it, dipwad?

SpeedByrd PhD

We know you are a 50+ fat old man who sweeps the floors at a
university. The closest you have ever been to sex is with your hand
and the neighbors dog.

Oh and the best part of him ran down his Mom's customer's leg! VBG

Dashii

Old October 27th 03, 11:59 PM
Don Parker

SpeedByrd PhD

PhD in this case =
Ph: Phucking
D: Multiple choice
1. Dork
2. Dickhead
3. Dip****
4. Dimwit
5. Dunce
6. Delusional
7. Detestable
8. Despicable
9. Deplorable
10. ALL OF THE ABOVE!

Care to have a vote?

I'll start with a vote for #10

--
Cheers'n Beers [_])
Don

Old October 28th 03, 03:33 AM
Dashii

"Don Parker" wrote in message
SpeedByrd PhD

PhD in this case =
Ph: Phucking
D: Multiple choice
1. Dork
2. Dickhead
3. Dip****
4. Dimwit
5. Dunce
6. Delusional
7. Detestable
8. Despicable
9. Deplorable
10. ALL OF THE ABOVE!

Care to have a vote?

I'll start with a vote for #10

#11 DumbPhuck! LOL

--
Cheers'n Beers [_])
Don

Old October 28th 03, 04:00 AM
BarFly

On 27 Oct 2003 07:55:03 -0600, "Dr. Speedbyrd :"
Took the vibrator out of his ass long enough to write:

the world hated us long before I came along. But that's OK. Georgie will fix things! LOL!!

SpeedByrd PhD

George will be another ONE TERM President just like his daddy!
Then we will spend the next 50 years paying for Little George's
LittleMan complex war!

ps. Your filter stopped working, asshole! What a DUMB piece of ****
you are Wayne the Pain! Hahahahahahahaha

Now get back to sweeping those lab floors.
Old October 28th 03, 04:02 AM
FlyBar

On 27 Oct 2003 07:57:05 -0600, "Dr. Speedbyrd :"
took his shlong out of his mother long enough to write:

Couldn't get near the dog. Couldn't get your wife's mouth off his dick or your little dick out of his ass.
SpeedByrd PhD

Amateur!

Your filter choked again, MORON! :-)
Old October 28th 03, 04:05 AM
FlyBar

On 27 Oct 2003 21:42:07 -0600, "Dr. Speedbyrd :"
put down his broom to write:

you spell like some foreign terrorist moron

SpeedByrd BSer

You SMELL like a short, fat 50+ year old who has done NOTHING with his
life and will croak as a NOBODY!
Old October 28th 03, 06:37 AM
Al Denelsbeck

"Dr. Speedbyrd :" wrote in
:

On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 15:08:11 GMT, Al Denelsbeck
wrote:

Ah, look, I got a personal reply from SpeedByrd, R.A.S.'s
resident
for emotional outbursts and tantrums! How long can I drag you along in
a thread where you continue to post spittle-spraying rants that
demonstrate your intelligence and maturity?

'bout as long as you can.

I should probably thank you. The thread regarding the fake FS
download a few months back had some of my friends in tears, they were
laughing so hard. Went on for days. Anyone with just a smidgen of
awareness would have seen the warning signs that something wasn't
kosher - you, my friend, just kept plugging away without a single
intelligent thought occurring to you (like even trying to find the
site you were harping about). You even sent it to Microsoft's
attention for piracy! Priceless!

So I certainly value your input, and look forward to many
more posts
in the thread. Fire away!

- Al.

As long you entertain me, you can expect them. From what I've seen,
though, you rely on brute force to get your point across. That has a
very short life span and also little effect. Carry on Squirt.

Ahhh, now c'mon, clever me lad, now's not the time to try getting all
mature on us. You're gonna disappoint the people who enjoy watching you
make a total ass of yourself!

Brute force, you say? As opposed to... what? Your buddy Kallijaa who
scampered for cover when confronted with someone who refused to buy his
unsupportable horse****? Or you yourself, who instantaneously resorts to
abusive posts as soon as any nonsense you spout is countered by anyone
whatsoever? Please, fill me in on how you rate these remarkable examples of
participation.

But yes, we'll continue to amuse you if you like, at least until you
reach puberty and discover other things to do with your hands...

- Al.

--
To reply, insert dash in address to separate G and I in the domain