For all those who think flying on an airline is better than GA.

Old January 11th 07, 03:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

Default For all those who think flying on an airline is better than GA.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16565583/

Old January 11th 07, 04:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Kevin Clarke

Gig 601XL Builder wrote:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16565583/

that was my thought when they ran this story on NBC news last night.
There is a "discontinuity" in the flight if you look at flightaware.com.
What was the date 12/29?

American Airlines 1348

What a mess, did American just forget about this plane? What would
explain that situation?

KC
Old January 11th 07, 04:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter R.

Gig 601XL Builder wrDOTgiaconaATsuddenlink.net wrote:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16565583/

I thought you were posting this story, which also fits under this thread:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16559171/

--
Peter
Old January 11th 07, 04:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

Kevin Clarke wrote:
Gig 601XL Builder wrote:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16565583/

that was my thought when they ran this story on NBC news last night.
There is a "discontinuity" in the flight if you look at
flightaware.com. What was the date 12/29?

American Airlines 1348

What a mess, did American just forget about this plane? What would
explain that situation?

KC

Assuming they didn't change out the crew wouldn't there be a violation
there?

Old January 11th 07, 04:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

Peter R. wrote:
Gig 601XL Builder wrDOTgiaconaATsuddenlink.net wrote:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16565583/

I thought you were posting this story, which also fits under this
thread:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16559171/

I think I'd rather have a scorpion sting me than be stuck on that plane for
that long on the ground.

Old January 11th 07, 05:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
James Robinson

"Peter R." wrote:

Gig 601XL Builder wrDOTgiaconaATsuddenlink.net wrote:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16565583/

I thought you were posting this story, which also fits under this thread:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16559171/

That's the second one this week. Here's another story of a scorpion
stinging a passenger, on an American airlines flight this time, out of
Miami.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16549631/

Border Protection obviously isn't doing its job, or Al Quada is using
trained arachnids to terrorize the US.
Old January 11th 07, 05:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gene Seibel

Gig 601XL Builder wrote:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16565583/

Last month I spent two days in a terminal and 9 hours on two different
planes on the ramp to make it from St Louis to Phoenix in 39 hours.
First day was due to weather. Second day was due totally to airline
mismanagement, incompetence, and cluelessness. Our pilot finally
learned that the flight was cancelled from a passenger. Airline
bureaucracy can not handle changes. Pilots aren't even in the loop.
--
Gene Seibel
Gene & Sue's Flying Machine - http://pad39a.com/gene/

Old January 11th 07, 07:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Gene Seibel writes:

Last month I spent two days in a terminal and 9 hours on two different
planes on the ramp to make it from St Louis to Phoenix in 39 hours.
First day was due to weather. Second day was due totally to airline
mismanagement, incompetence, and cluelessness. Our pilot finally
learned that the flight was cancelled from a passenger. Airline
bureaucracy can not handle changes. Pilots aren't even in the loop.

What was the name of the airline?

Old January 11th 07, 11:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
NW_Pilot

"Gig 601XL Builder" wrDOTgiaconaATsuddenlink.net wrote in message
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16565583/

The sad thing is most the people on that flight will fly AA again! Like
leaving a TIP for bad service!

Old January 12th 07, 01:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
vincent p. norris

Passengers do not FLY on the airlines. They RIDE. Only the pilot and
copilot FLY.

Next time you hear a friend say "I'm flying to ........." tell him,
"Like hell you are; you're just RIDING!"

vince norris