A Fine Day at BFI

Old May 15th 11, 11:59 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob (not my real pseudonym)

Default A Fine Day at BFI

The Liberty Foundation brought their B-17 and P-40 up a couple weeks
back, and Seattle managed to pull off a decent sunny day for a change.
This has been one of the coldest, grayest, soggiest springs in memory.

A few shots of the guests and locals - Day 1 of 2.

Bob ^,,^

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Index.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	288.3 KB
ID:	48355
Old May 15th 11, 05:40 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
the Legend of LAX[_2_]

Nice stuff, Bob. I like the 787 pics. Must be B-17 season. There have
been two down here in the last month. I'll post pics of the second soon,
along with the B-24 & P51.

PS Considering retiring to Sequim next year. What do you know about it?

--
Dale G Elhardt
Cypress Ca

Old May 16th 11, 08:52 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob (not my real pseudonym)

On Sun, 15 May 2011 09:40:54 -0700, the Legend of LAX
wrote:

Nice stuff, Bob. I like the 787 pics. Must be B-17 season. There have
been two down here in the last month. I'll post pics of the second soon,
along with the B-24 & P51.

The Collings Foundation birds are scheduled up here the end of this
month. Wish they would send their jets this far west someday...

PS Considering retiring to Sequim next year. What do you know about it?

1. it's pronounced "Skwim". If you say "Seekwim", the locals will
point and laugh.

2. Their airport is ~slightly~ smaller than LAX. Very few A380s...

http://www.sequimvalleyairport.com

Located on the northeast side of the Olympic mountains, they have the
driest climate in Western Washington because the mountains block the
predominant southwest rain-producing winds. For the same reason, they
occasionally get a little extra snow in the winter when we get
northeasterly cold outflow from British Columbia - but seldom more
than once per winter.

Close to the Olympic National Park, there is lots to go ogle at and/or
steal the souls of. Bring a raincoat or two.

Alas, it's been years since I even passed through Sequim. =(
Old May 16th 11, 05:51 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
coffelt2

The Liberty Foundation brought their B-17 and P-40 up a couple weeks
back, and Seattle managed to pull off a decent sunny day for a change.
This has been one of the coldest, grayest, soggiest springs in memory.

A few shots of the guests and locals - Day 1 of 2.

Bob ^,,^

Oh, my gosh, Bob... your always great pics from BFI, and it's only May!
Thanks
Old Chief Lynn
Old May 16th 11, 09:01 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob (not my real pseudonym)

On Sun, 15 May 2011 21:51:25 -0700, "coffelt2"
wrote:

Oh, my gosh, Bob... your always great pics from BFI, and it's only May!
Thanks
Old Chief Lynn

Thanks Chief! Only the second time I've managed to get down there
this year, between the crappy weather aand crappy health. Hoping to
get out to Paine Field this Saturday for the General Aviation Day.

http://www.painefield.com/2011PFAGADays.html

Fine Phil Mark IV Piloting 8 December 21st 10 07:45 AM
Some Very Fine Aviation Art Bill Kambic[_2_] Naval Aviation 0 November 17th 09 08:57 PM
A Fine Day at BFI - part 2 - BFI 6-20-09 06.jpg Bob (not my real pseudonym) Aviation Photos 0 June 28th 09 09:33 AM
Another example of fine journalism. Skywise Piloting 8 July 7th 05 02:15 AM
A Fine Day To Fly ... Withheld By Request Piloting 0 March 10th 05 11:12 PM