Dan Rather apologizes

Old September 26th 04, 05:08 PM
Leadfoot

"Pete" wrote in message

"Leadfoot" wrote

At the time of the invasion every nation with intelligence capability

agreed
that Iraq had WMD. Even those that opposed the invasion. Had there

been
no
invasion the world would still believe Iraq had WMD.

Yeah but he didn't. Turns out a lot of people beleived Chalabi's

nephew.
They either didn't know or didn't care the source had a little bit more

bias
than say CBS news

What day between 17 Mar, 1988 (documented use of WMD) and today, did the
statement "Saddam had no WMD's" become true?

When was that?

Specifically....what day could be celebrated as "No WMD Day"?

ROTFLMAO

Maybe when Clinton and Blair bombed the **** out of Iraq in 1998

Pete
"You've got to be very, very careful, general. We have spoken with Saddam
Hussein. He is a madman. He has weapons of mass destruction, biological
weapons. And he will use them against your troops."
Hosni Mubarak talking to Gen. Tommy Franks

"[W]ithout question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a
brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a
particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to
miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his
continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction
... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is

real
..."
Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003.

Old September 26th 04, 05:13 PM
Leadfoot

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message
k.net...

"Pete" wrote in message

"[W]ithout question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a
brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents

particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to
miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to

his
continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass

destruction
... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is
real
..."
Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003.

Kerry lied about WMD!

He was lied to like the rest of us about WMD. Nowhere does he say how he
would have disarmed Saddam. I think if he had gone to war he would have
put together a better coalition than George "my way or the highway" Bush.
You guys still can't seem to grasp that Bush has a hard time working with
other do you?

Old September 26th 04, 05:24 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Leadfoot" wrote in message

Kerry lied about WMD!

He was lied to like the rest of us about WMD.

Kerry said Saddam had WMD. Saddam didn't have WMD. The bottom line is
Kerry lied about WMD.

Old September 26th 04, 06:07 PM
Pete

"Leadfoot" wrote

Specifically....what day could be celebrated as "No WMD Day"?

ROTFLMAO

Maybe when Clinton and Blair bombed the **** out of Iraq in 1998

Yeah, right.

[From Congress, to the President - August 11, 1999 ]
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/middl...99/letter.html
" *International Inspections no longer constrain Saddam's Weapons of Mass
destruction (WMD) programs. Up to and during Operation Desert Fox,
Administration officials expended considerable energy explaining to the
international community, Congress, and the American people why it was
necessary to use force to compel Saddam to submit to comprehensive
international inspections. Without inspections, we were told, Saddam could
begin to reconstitute his WMD capabi1ity within a matter of weeks. Operation
Desert Fox was necessary to compel him to stop obstructing inspections.
Since Operation Desert Fox, however, there have been no inspections at all.
Now, rather than emphasize the danger that Iraq's WMD programs may be
reconstituted, Administration officials apparently claim that they have "no
evidence" that Saddam is reconstituting his capabilities. In fact, there is
considerable evidence that Iraq continues to seek to develop and acquire
weapons of mass destruction."

TRENT LOTT [signed]
JOSEPH I. LIEBERMAN [signed]
JESSE HELMS [signed]