HELP! To buy or not...rough 63 aztec for $25,000

Old December 24th 03, 05:40 AM
Jay Honeck

Ouch. Special job? That is nearly twice the going rate in my
area....

Same here.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 9th 04, 05:41 PM
Iceman

Looks like your ego is writing checks your body can't cash! Let's put
the $40K into a really nice ultralight. Better yet... maybe we can
convince the bank to mortgage the cost over 100 years. Going with a
known (proven) quantity seems to be the ever sounding reply. The
question is now... If you go with $75-100K airplane, can you still cover
the payments, operating cost, insurance, and tie-down fees with the $$
you make on survey/photo work? To answer your question with a
question... What is a realistic price tag for an AZTEC or simular twin
in cost per year at say 200 hours flown? I only ask because I don't
have the experience. Any taker's?

*** Sent via http://www.automationtools.com ***
Add a newsgroup interface to your website today.
Old January 10th 04, 01:48 PM
Jay Honeck

Looks like your ego is writing checks your body can't cash! Let's put
the $40K into a really nice ultralight.

Couldn't you buy a fleet of ultralights for $40K?

Or one gold-plated one?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 11th 04, 08:46 PM
Dan Thomas

Don't buy this airplane. As Dennis O'Connor has itemized, the bills
will go on and on and you will run out of money before you ever fly
it.
Find another airplane that some poor guy has already made the
same mistake with; one on which he has already spent a fortune fixing
everything, and from which he can't hope to recoup the cost. You'll
have a nice airplane at half what that Aztec would cost you.

Dan
Old January 13th 04, 11:27 PM
Dan Luke

"Kyler Laird" wrote:
Want to bet? I'll wager I can fly...oh, let's say 500 hours on an
Aztec bought as scrap for under $25K.

Was this luck, or skill in recognizing a genuine bargain?
--
Dan
C172RG at BFM

Old January 14th 04, 05:12 AM
Kyler Laird

"Dan Luke" writes:

"Kyler Laird" wrote:
Want to bet? I'll wager I can fly...oh, let's say 500 hours on an
Aztec bought as scrap for under $25K.

Was this luck, or skill in recognizing a genuine bargain?

Definitely not either. I attribute it to being stupid and stubborn.

--kyler
Old January 15th 04, 01:06 AM
Dan Luke

"Kyler Laird" wrote:
I attribute it to being stupid and stubborn.

My strategy for living.