Scheduleing Programs

Old January 12th 04, 11:28 PM
John Roncallo

Geoffrey Barnes wrote:
Our club uses ScheduleMaster. We like it a lot, but it's expensive. We
looked at MyFBO.com which is cheaper and seems to have more features, but
from my experience with their on-line demo, their user interface sucks
rocks. There doesn't appear any way to see a complete overview of what
planes are available over a time period - you can only look at the
schedule for one plane at a time.

We use MyFBO, and I'll grant that their interface isn't top-notch. But you
most certainly CAN get an overview of all planes over a given time frame.

We had Schedulemaster, switched to MyFBO.com because it offered the
treasurer an online billing feature that we wanted to try, which
schedulemaster dident have at the time . After about two months the club
was ready to commit mutiny so we switched back to schedulemaster.

My take on it was that MyFBO had more functions than a non-profit flight
club might need. However I could see these features being required for
an FBO.

John Roncallo

Old January 12th 04, 11:44 PM
Roy Smith

In article ,
John Roncallo wrote:

We had Schedulemaster, switched to MyFBO.com because it offered the
treasurer an online billing feature that we wanted to try, which
schedulemaster dident have at the time . After about two months the club
was ready to commit mutiny so we switched back to schedulemaster.

My club's been using schedulemaster for about 5 years. There's some
things I wish they would do better, but basicly they give us what we
need, are extremely reliable (I can't remember the last time the system
was down), and are reasonably receptive to suggestions for improvements.
Overall, I'd give them a solid thumbs-up.

I can't honestly say if they're expensive or not, I'm not involved with
that end of things. It's not like the market is big enough to support a
whole lot of competition.
Old January 13th 04, 01:41 AM
MRQB

Most the places arround here use http://www.flightschedulepro.com/ really
simple to use has lots of airplane info.

"Jim" wrote in message
What kind of internet based scheduling programs are you using? Our flight
school is looking for an internet based scheduling program/service for

it's
planes and instructors. Something that approved pilots and instructors

can
access from home as well as at the flight school. Looking for the good,

the
bad, and the ugly on different systems and programs you've had experience
with. What do fees and costs run for these services? We don't want
something that requires a lot of system maintenence.

Thanks!

--
Jim Burns III

Remove "nospam" to reply

Old January 13th 04, 03:22 PM
Malcolm Teas

"Jim" wrote in message ...
What kind of internet based scheduling programs are you using? Our flight
school is looking for an internet based scheduling program/service for it's
planes and instructors. Something that approved pilots and instructors can
access from home as well as at the flight school. Looking for the good, the
bad, and the ugly on different systems and programs you've had experience
with. What do fees and costs run for these services? We don't want
something that requires a lot of system maintenence.

You might checkout www.fyreflyte.com. It's reliable and
low-maintenance. And it's cheap. I'd highly recommend it.

-Malcolm Teas
Old January 13th 04, 06:37 PM
Kevin Chandler

My club uses ScheduleMaster. The cost is based upon the size of the club.
For 6 planes and 100 members, we pay $100/month. We saved more than half of
the money just by removing the scheduling phone line.

Old January 14th 04, 08:29 PM
Jack Allison

My FBO uses http://www.scheduleaplane.com. Seems to work well for them.
Not sure about the costs, etc. From a user perspective, it's simple to use.

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL

you will always long to return"
- Leonardo Da Vinci

Old January 15th 04, 09:32 PM
Art Milberger

"Randy Wentzel" wrote in message
Jim wrote:

What kind of internet based scheduling programs are you using? Our

flight
school is looking for an internet based scheduling program/service for

it's
planes and instructors. Something that approved pilots and instructors

can
access from home as well as at the flight school. Looking for the good,

the
bad, and the ugly on different systems and programs you've had

experience
with. What do fees and costs run for these services? We don't want
something that requires a lot of system maintenence.

Thanks!

My flight school uses Youcanbookit.com (ycbi.com). It's great because
you can schedule aircraft online and see when aircraft are scheduled for
maintenance, etc. Full featured and easy to use even for web newbies.

Best,

Randy Wentzel
KSTS - Sonoma County CA

I use YCBI for scheduling one airplane among 4 pilots. As Randy said, it's
easy and user friendly. What he didn't add is that it's free. (There are
ads on the pages, but no pop ups.)

Art Milberger