The State of the Union: Lies about a Dishonest War

Old January 31st 04, 02:26 AM
George Z. Bush

Steven P. McNicoll wrote:
"George Z. Bush" wrote in message

When will you give up and stop swallowing every bit of pap they put in your
mouth?

I'm by nature quite skeptical, especially when it comes to government. The
fact remains nobody has demonstrated any Bush statement to be a lie.

That is exactly the opposite of what you are. You accept every statement issued
by the government as the truth and I don't remember you ever questioning any of
it. I don't see how you can watch the government present the public with one
reason for going to war after another without wondering why any of that should
be necessary. I don't understand why it doesn't occur to you that they are
going through that exercise in the vain hope that they'll find something,
however far fetched, that the public will buy. Every time somebody drills holes
through one reason, they say they didn't really mean that, or it wasn't
important anyway, and here's another reason we hope you'll buy.

Don't you recognize a scam when it's held so close to your nose?

You may think blind acceptance is a facet of skepticism, but I certainly don't.

Old January 31st 04, 05:34 AM
Steven P. McNicoll

"George Z. Bush" wrote in message

That is exactly the opposite of what you are. You accept every statement

issued
by the government as the truth and I don't remember you ever questioning

any of
it.

You're a poor judge of character.

Don't you recognize a scam when it's held so close to your nose?

Always.

You may think blind acceptance is a facet of skepticism, but I certainly

don't.

Nobody accused you of thinking.

Old January 31st 04, 07:21 AM
devil

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 18:47:37 +0000, Steven P. McNicoll wrote:

"stephen" wrote in message

How do you feel about fairies dancing on your front lawn?

Depends. Please describe the fairies.

What I don't understand is why the US has not planted WMD in Iraq so
that they could find them.

They have been lying all alone. What is one more?

You've hit it without realizing it. Had the Bush administration been lying
about the WMD, they surely would have planted evidence that proved their
case. That little evidence of WMD has been found to date suggests that
while they may have been wrong about WMD in Iraq they were clearly not
lying.

That they ended up believeing in their own lies does not necessarily mean
they were not lies.

Just that they were foolish.

(But I guess I agree. If I were in their shoes, I suppose I would have
found a way to find WMDs. But eh, I am not trying to compete for the
prize for the most stupid guy of the week.)

Old January 31st 04, 08:45 PM
George Z. Bush

Steven P. McNicoll wrote:
"George Z. Bush" wrote in message

That is exactly the opposite of what you are. You accept every statement
issued by the government as the truth and I don't remember you ever
questioning any of it.

You're a poor judge of character.

So are you.

Don't you recognize a scam when it's held so close to your nose?

Always.

Then why don't you recognize the constantly changing reasons given by our
government for going to war as the scam it is? They'll keep on doing it until
everybody says, "ah, that was it", all the while forgetting that each and every
one of the replaced reasons was phony and was floated only to see if it would be
accepted.

Gen. Wesley Clark stated during the debate in S. C. that he attended a Pentagon
briefing some two weeks after 9-11, during which they were told that our primary
target since day one was Iraq, whether or not they had anything to do with 9-11.
That's the same story that former Treas. Secy. Paul O'Neil said in his biography
that he heard during the first cabinet meeting he attended. Since it appears to
be true, coming from two disparate sources, why was Sadaam's alleged
relationship with OBL and Al Qaeda given as one of those abandoned reasons for
going to war?

Your government lies to you and you persist in denying it. If I am such a poor
judge of character in that I'd suggest that anyone who believes that
government-floated fairy tale might be naive or gullible, I don't mind resting
my case and letting anybody else reading this exchange decide how bad a judge of
character I might be.

And before you say it, your denial is noted. Anybody else out there?

Old January 31st 04, 08:48 PM
George Z. Bush

Steven P. McNicoll wrote:
"George Z. Bush" wrote in message

Don't you recognize a scam when it's held so close to your nose?

Always.

Except when your eyes are closed, which is whenever the government feeds you its
poop.

You may think blind acceptance is a facet of skepticism, but I certainly
don't.

Nobody accused you of thinking.

Your repartee is dazzling! I am smitten. I haven't heard such good stuff since
I graduated the fifth grade.

Old January 31st 04, 08:52 PM
George Z. Bush

Mitchell Holman wrote:
devil wrote in newsan.2004.01.31.06.22.28.721037
@attglobal.net:

Like conservatives care a whit about deficits.......

Why should they? They'll leave their money to their kids, carefully protected
by the tax loopholes they put into the tax code, while the average guy's kids
pay off the bank loans.
Pretty good deal, wouldn't you say?

George Z.

Old January 31st 04, 08:59 PM
George Z. Bush

Greg Hennessy wrote:
On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 06:16:20 GMT, devil wrote:

Not in the USA. Tax revenues increased at a much slower rate after
the Reagan tax cut then before the cut, and increased much faster
after taxes were raised again by Bush41/Clinton.

Source for those figures ?

Funny.

When you talk about your own ideological BS, I don't see sources being
mentioned. Care to add them?

Yes, you can start here

http://www.inlandrevenue.gov.uk/

Why bother? This discussion is about the US not the UK. Would
UK data be relevant?

George Z.

Old February 2nd 04, 03:45 AM
nobody

John Gaquin wrote:
....The soviets had been invited into Afghanistan by the Afghan
government to help control the warring factions,

I spent a lot of time working in Afghanistan in 76, 77. That's not quite
the way it happened.

All that is missing is "claimed they" between "soviets" and "had".

But weren't they actually invited ? (after the soviets installed a soviet
friendly government ?)

What I don't quite understand is that it was often said that the soviets
wanted a corridor to be able to ship their oil to a port and sell it to world
markets. But afghanistan doesn't give them access to the ocean because of the
strip of land that belongs to pakistan that covers the shores shouth of
afghanistan. Does this mean that the soviets would have eventually taken that
strip of land ?