Why doesn't Bose have MP3/cellphone hookup in their headsets?

Old September 3rd 07, 11:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
LWG

Default Why doesn't Bose have MP3/cellphone hookup in their headsets?

Of course, you can achieve the same result with an earbud microphone/speaker
for your cellphone, which can be slipped under the headset cup. Most have
the speaker on cord, which of course won't work. The sidetone through the
headset is the voice transmitted through the cell phone. WalMart sells such
a cellphone headset for $7.99 or so.

I was going to send my Lightspeed back for an upgrade which included the
cellphone jack. Since the advent of cellphones with a few milliwatts of
power, they don't work in the air anymore. You can receive okay, but the
punch is not there to transmit. For the few calls I make on the ground, for
a few bucks I use the corded cellphone microphone, and just put it under the
earcup on the ground.

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
ups.com...
Yes, quite lame of them to target the upper crust rather than the spam
can
drivers. Yet, they laugh all the way to the bank.

Right. Bose sells more headsets on the consumer market in a week than
they sell Xs to pilots in a year.

THAT is the real reason they cost a grand, and they haven't updated
the design to include modern features. They've run the numbers and
realized that it just isn't worth it.

(BTW: I feel the same when I pay almost $500 for a Lightspeed ANR
headset that I *know* is worth $100. But, hey, at least I've got a
cell phone jack...)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old September 4th 07, 12:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Newps

Test out the earbud thing with your headset. I tried it this summer.
The ear buds I have are just a little too big, they hit the ear cup of
the headset thus making them terribly uncomfortable. You need the
smallest ear buds you can find.

Bose Headsets Jon Kraus Owning 94 June 23rd 06 07:13 PM
Bose active headsets Doug Vetter Piloting 0 November 13th 05 02:12 PM
Bose active headsets George Patterson Piloting 1 November 13th 05 03:32 AM
Bose active headsets Michael 182 Piloting 1 November 13th 05 12:40 AM
Bose active headsets Peter Clark Piloting 0 November 12th 05 11:57 PM