Airforce One

Old September 7th 04, 02:50 PM
wingsnaprop

I was pretty close. They had stanchions with a DO NOT CROSS FOR
THREAT OF DEADLY FORCE rope! and several Black booted heros that
looked as though.. Well, lets just say I wouldn't want to test them!

Before I could get that close, My ID was scrutinized and I know
Personally the guys that where taking care of AF One from the FBO
(which is next-door to the FBO I work at). So when the Van from the
FBO was to go out to AF One to retrieve visiting constituents, I was
cleared to ride along by a government fellow in a Black suit. then I
was allowed to walk outside the roped-off area. A great Experience. I
think they do (did?) a commendable job of Balancing access to view
a national treasure, with Security considerations.

JM
Old September 11th 04, 03:34 PM
Alfred Loo

Can anyone identify the lumps around the APU exhaust (at the tail)
"wingsnaprop" wrote in message
om...
When President. Bush was in Dayton Ohio on Saturday a week ago, I
managed ( Because I work at the Airport ) to get close enough to
get some pretty good pictures of Airforce One!

http://home.woh.rr.com/directoryww/DSC00158.JPG
http://home.woh.rr.com/directoryww/DSC00183.JPG

Old September 18th 04, 03:57 AM
wingsnaprop

I made the sky bluer in photoshop...
http://home.woh.rr.com/directoryww/AF1V3-W.jpg

Old September 18th 04, 09:15 PM
Fred the Red Shirt

"Alfred Loo" wrote in message ...
Can anyone identify the lumps around the APU exhaust (at the tail)
"wingsnaprop" wrote in message
om...
When President. Bush was in Dayton Ohio on Saturday a week ago, I
managed ( Because I work at the Airport ) to get close enough to
get some pretty good pictures of Airforce One!

http://home.woh.rr.com/directoryww/DSC00158.JPG
http://home.woh.rr.com/directoryww/DSC00183.JPG

Good thing your name isn't Mohammed, you'd probably be in jail.

--

FF
Old September 18th 04, 09:21 PM
Fred the Red Shirt

"Alfred Loo" wrote in message ...

Not sure what lumps you mean but AF-1 is supposedly equipped with
an IR laser turret in the back for use against heat-seeking missles.

--

FF