My Modest Proposal to End Global Warming, Revitalize General Aviation, and End Our Dependence on Foreign Oil

Old October 15th 07, 06:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Robert M. Gary

Default My Modest Proposal to End Global Warming, Revitalize General Aviation, and End Our Dependence on Foreign Oil

On Oct 13, 1:33 pm, C J Campbell
wrote:
Vast numbers of automobiles with 2 or 3 or more cars per household;
long commutes of single drivers; horrible freeway congestion; urban
sprawl; loss of farmland and wilderness resources; the decay of cities
and the takeover of large areas of our cities by lawless gangs; obesity
caused by everyone eating at fast food joints; dependence on foreign
oil; global warming; pollution; filth, crud, corruption; hundreds of
thousands dead in traffic accidents; the closure of local airports
because of expanding city growth:

If you are really worried about Global Warming you can buy carbon
offset credits from me. Please send cash.

-robert

Old October 17th 07, 08:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt
C J Campbell[_1_]

On 2007-10-15 10:01:25 -0700, "Robert M. Gary" said:

On Oct 13, 1:33 pm, C J Campbell
wrote:
Vast numbers of automobiles with 2 or 3 or more cars per household;
long commutes of single drivers; horrible freeway congestion; urban
sprawl; loss of farmland and wilderness resources; the decay of cities
and the takeover of large areas of our cities by lawless gangs; obesity
caused by everyone eating at fast food joints; dependence on foreign
oil; global warming; pollution; filth, crud, corruption; hundreds of
thousands dead in traffic accidents; the closure of local airports
because of expanding city growth:

If you are really worried about Global Warming you can buy carbon
offset credits from me. Please send cash.

-robert

Actually, I was going to buy a G-II, but I changed my mind. How many
carbon credits is that worth?

--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor

Old October 20th 07, 02:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Roger (K8RI)

On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 12:17:48 -0700, C J Campbell

On 2007-10-15 10:01:25 -0700, "Robert M. Gary" said:

On Oct 13, 1:33 pm, C J Campbell
wrote:
Vast numbers of automobiles with 2 or 3 or more cars per household;
long commutes of single drivers; horrible freeway congestion; urban
sprawl; loss of farmland and wilderness resources; the decay of cities
and the takeover of large areas of our cities by lawless gangs; obesity
caused by everyone eating at fast food joints; dependence on foreign
oil; global warming; pollution; filth, crud, corruption; hundreds of
thousands dead in traffic accidents; the closure of local airports
because of expanding city growth:

If you are really worried about Global Warming you can buy carbon
offset credits from me. Please send cash.

-robert

Actually, I was going to buy a G-II, but I changed my mind. How many
carbon credits is that worth?

Only about a quarter or what it would have been had you not purchased
a G-III with the much larger engine.

I was going to purchase two new SUVs, a Hummer, and one of those big
Chrysler pickups with the V-10...but I didn't. That should be enough
credits you can go out and buy two new airplanes. it also saved me a
lot of money I didn't have which should make my wife happy.

Roger (K8RI)