California Fires

Old July 1st 08, 10:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Tri-Pacer

Default California Fires

We just finished driving from San Diego to Tacoma WA. I had planned to bring
my VFR Tri-Pacer down to Brown Field near San Diego California. I found the
entire state of California from Bakersfield or so all the way up to the
border, Oregon, and to a lesser extent Washington to be covered in smoke.

My brother lives in Red Bluff and last Saturday the visibility was something
like a mile and a half in smoke at RBL.

How are you guys in California coping? The news doesn't seem very
encouraging as to when an end might be in sight.

I wonder if I'll have to go east to get to San Diego and avoid Oregon and
Northern California entirely.

Cheers:

Paul
N1431A
KPLU

Old July 2nd 08, 12:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jim Stewart

Tri-Pacer wrote:
We just finished driving from San Diego to Tacoma WA. I had planned to bring
my VFR Tri-Pacer down to Brown Field near San Diego California. I found the
entire state of California from Bakersfield or so all the way up to the
border, Oregon, and to a lesser extent Washington to be covered in smoke.

My brother lives in Red Bluff and last Saturday the visibility was something
like a mile and a half in smoke at RBL.

How are you guys in California coping? The news doesn't seem very
encouraging as to when an end might be in sight.

Not well. I'm a student and I have a
5 mile vis limitation. I got in 2 touch
and go's in the pattern early Sunday
The AWOS was saying 10 miles vis but that
was surely a lie.

It is clearing up some today with the
delta breeze coming in. Probably only
a passing thing though with all the fires
still burning.

Old pics - new scans 3 - PAF MiG-17 fires its guns Dave Kearton Aviation Photos 3 January 16th 08 04:16 PM
fires at Tahoe Matt Herron Jr. Soaring 5 June 28th 07 08:00 AM
F-16 Fires on Elementary School Dean Wilkinson Piloting 21 November 6th 04 03:52 PM
Boeing fires top officials over tanker lease scam. Henry J. Cobb Military Aviation 2 November 25th 03 06:15 AM
Nonsense: Il-76 could have "saved California from fires"... Vicente Vazquez Military Aviation 9 November 20th 03 02:09 PM