Anti-skid brakes on light aircraft

Old December 12th 08, 06:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default Anti-skid brakes on light aircraft

Do small Q-class aircraft usually have anti-skid braking systems?
Old December 12th 08, 07:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting

In rec.aviation.piloting Mxsmanic wrote:
Do small Q-class aircraft usually have anti-skid braking systems?

There is no such thing as "Q-class aircraft".

The term "Q-class" refers to the type of airline ticket as in economy,
first class, bussiness class, etc. and has nothing to do with the
airplane and Q-class is usually economy discounted.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old December 12th 08, 07:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Viperdoc[_6_]

Just another example of Anthony's presumptions. Of course, any real pilot
would know that activation of the anti skid is located on the left sub panel
in a Baron, next to the relief tube port. However, this is not viewable on
MSFS, so it is understandable why Anthony would not know the location.

I would consider the Baron to be better than Q class, since I have to
replace around 10 switch/CBs this year for around $200 each. However, on
long cross country flights I do try to recline the seat all the way, which
is much more comfortable for sleeping. With the new Lightspeed Zulu headsets
I am easily roused in case ATC calls.

Anthony, I hope this answers your question.

Old December 13th 08, 12:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
BT

anti skid.. is the sand I make sure are on the roughed up leather soles so I
don't slip on the ice.
anti skid.. is that blank sandpaper like material on the wing walk

Old December 13th 08, 12:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
More_Flaps

On Dec 13, 7:40*am, Mxsmanic wrote:
Do small Q-class aircraft usually have anti-skid braking systems?

Q-class vessels don't carry aircraft, but if they did skidding on
landing would be the last of their worries.

Cheers
Old December 13th 08, 12:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Viperdoc

Do small Q-class aircraft usually have anti-skid braking systems?

I'll have to file this post by Anthony- it is one of his most naive ones
yet, and will be sure to mention it when he gets into one of his knowledge
discussions.

It will rank up there with his question on whether Beech Barons had ejection
seats.

Old December 13th 08, 05:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Michael Ash

In rec.aviation.student Mxsmanic wrote:
Do small Q-class aircraft usually have anti-skid braking systems?

My aircraft has an anti-skid braking system. It works as follows: when the
brake is applied too vigorously, the aircraft tilts over onto its nose. If
done on pavement, this results in damage which costs a couple thousand
dollars to repair. By keeping this figure in mind, I can avoid locking up
the brake.

--
Mike Ash
Radio Free Earth
Old December 13th 08, 07:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
george

On Dec 14, 1:20*am, "Viperdoc" wrote:
Do small Q-class aircraft usually have anti-skid braking systems?

I'll have to file this post by Anthony- it is one of his most naive ones
yet, and will be sure to mention it when he gets into one of his knowledge
discussions.

It will rank up there with his question on whether Beech Barons had ejection
seats.

It can only be that there is something in the flightsim world that
equates aircraft with a particular selfloading cargo class
Old December 13th 08, 09:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
BT

mine also has an anti skid mechanism..
I apply the brakes, when I hear the tires complain (load screech) I reduce
toe pedal pressure..
I can modulate the toe pressures required and applied between the left and
right side depending on aircraft (tire) noise, aircraft direction, and
judgment.