OLC League schedule

Old April 9th 20, 02:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default OLC League schedule

Received an email from Reiner Rose, saying the OLC League, scheduled to start April 18-19, has been postponed until May 30-31 worldwide. I assume this means only 13 weekends for scoring instead of 19 as in past years.
Old April 9th 20, 11:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Caldwell (BC)

On Thursday, April 9, 2020 at 7:19:25 AM UTC-6, wrote:
Received an email from Reiner Rose, saying the OLC League, scheduled to start April 18-19, has been postponed until May 30-31 worldwide. I assume this means only 13 weekends for scoring instead of 19 as in past years.

Mark, I heard it was postponed until June 30 for Moriarty pilots! Give the rest of us a head start. BC
Old April 10th 20, 12:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Mark, I heard it was postponed until June 30 for Moriarty pilots! Give the rest of us a head start. BC

With the typical April winds, more suitable for tumbleweed racing, Moriarty has often been handicapped in the first few weekends of the OLC League. Starting at the end of May means we might not have to look at zero or maybe one point per weekend for the first few rounds.

Asking us to start on June 30 might not be up to us. Our mini-Pelosi Governor won't be happy until everybody in the state is "safely" ensconced in a tiny Styrofoam box with nothing but a CNN feed until the last COVID-19 case has been confirmed and cured.

Naturally, salaried Government employees are enjoying the mandated vacation.. Us proles who are self-employed aren't exactly dancing in the streets. (But we would, of course, be maintaining proper social distance protocols. No dirty dancing or tangos. Unfortunately.)

OLC Gold League Grider Pirate Soaring 0 August 5th 10 09:45 PM
OLC Gold League Grider Pirate Soaring 0 August 2nd 10 09:36 PM
OLC League Grider Pirate Soaring 4 July 9th 10 01:32 AM
New OLC League Rule! Mark628CA Soaring 1 May 19th 10 08:55 PM
SSA-OLC League Update Doug Haluza Soaring 1 May 3rd 06 06:08 AM