A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

CNv serial comm preview

Old June 18th 13, 10:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Evan Ludeman[_4_]
external usenet poster

Default CNv serial comm preview

We are currently releasing feature-limited versions of the CNv-XC vario software. No license is required but there is an expiration date [July 31 AFAIK] built into the releases. Once the XC software has been adequately tested we will release license-controlled versions.

Serial communication between the ClearNav Vario (CNv) and the ClearNav Flight Computer (ClearNav) is enabled. This allows the CNv to send wind data to the ClearNav and the ClearNav to send MC, ballast, and bugs settings to the CNv. This means that any change in MC, bugs, or ballast made on the ClearNav will be reflected in the CNv.

More info he http://clearnav.net/simplemachinesfo...hp?topic=138.0

A special cable is required, details can be found at the link above. I'll have a dozen cables with me at Hobbs for anyone that might want one at 15s/Opens, first come, first served.

Best regards and good soaring,

Evan Ludeman for CNi
Old June 19th 13, 12:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim[_31_]
external usenet poster

What happens to my CN when the trial expires? Just it just revert to previous operation, or does it turn into a virtual brick?

-Jim
Old June 20th 13, 06:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Evan Ludeman[_4_]
external usenet poster

You will have to load the software appropriate to your license, I.e. Club or XC.

Evan Ludeman for CNi