Trouble transferring file from Cambridge 302

Old May 12th 09, 03:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Trouble transferring file from Cambridge 302

I'm using a Cambridge 302 with a Compaq Aero 1550 and I'm running
Pocket Nav. I can't seem to see the flight file after transferring it
from the 302. I'm using the utility program for the transfer. I can
see the flight date and time on the pocket PC, I can see the transfer
taking place as it counts the number of blocks being transferred. Then
it verifies the file structure. After I take the flash card out of the
pocket PC, I put it in my desktop PC but I can't find the file I just
transferred. I've tried this several times but I get the same results.
This has never happened before. Any thoughts? Any help would be
appreciated.

Warren Evans
Old May 12th 09, 04:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi Warren,

There are 2 issues which may be biting you.

- Sometimes PDAs don't notice that a memory card is installed. A soft reset
will solve that. Just put the stylus into the hole on the back of the unit
to reset it before running the Cambridge 300 Utility to download the flight
log.

- Some soaring software can't find some memory cards because PDAs have used
a wide variety of names for memory cards over the years.

In both cases the software should store the flight log in the My
Documents/Flights directory on the PDA (not the memory card). You can use
the File Explorer program on the PDA to copy the flight log to the CF memory
card. I recommend putting it into the Flights directory on the CF card.

I recommend using the Cambridge 300 Utility for the flight log download
rather than Glide Navigator II because the 300 Utility can check the flight
log security, GN II can't.

Let me know if that doesn't help you find the file.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Old May 12th 09, 05:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Warren:

Paul neglected to tell you he has an outstanding set of videos
describing how to use PDA with the Cambridge 302 and other FRs. I
recommend you take a look on his web site for these videos -- they'll
answer this question and others you hadn't even thought to ask.

Fred
SoaringNV
Old May 12th 09, 12:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On May 11, 10:18*pm, wrote:
I'm using a Cambridge 302 with a Compaq Aero 1550 and I'm running
Pocket Nav. I can't seem to see the flight file after transferring it
from the 302. I'm using the utility program for the transfer. I can
see the flight date and time on the pocket PC, I can see the transfer
taking place as it counts the number of blocks being transferred. Then
it verifies the file structure. After I take the flash card out of the
pocket PC, I put it in my desktop PC but I can't find the file I just
transferred. I've tried this several times but I get the same results.
This has never happened before. Any thoughts? Any help would be
appreciated.

Warren Evans

It's possible to set the Cambridge utility up to dump flight logs
directly to the SD card /Flights -- but darned if I can figure out
how I did it. I'm playing with the PDA right now and without being
connected to the 302 I can't seem to get it to cough up the place
where you set this option. But I assure you that it can be done.
Apologies for incomplete info. Look at log transfer screen -- I think
it's there, somewhere.

-T8
Old May 12th 09, 12:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi,

The Cambridge 300 Utility was written quite a few years ago. There is no
way to set the location that is saves files. It tries to find a memory card
and put the files in the Flights directory on the memory card. If it can't
find a memory card it puts the files into the PDA memory under My
Documents/Flights.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Old May 12th 09, 12:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi,

Thanks for the nice note Fred.

The Pocket PC training videos are available he
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/train...TrainingCD-PPC

Video #18 does show how to use File Explorer to copy files from PDA memory
to the memory card.

Videos 20 to 22 show how to download and install ActiveSync and use it to
transfer files from a PDA to a PC.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Old May 12th 09, 06:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

On May 11, 7:18*pm, wrote:
I'm using a Cambridge 302 with a Compaq Aero 1550 and I'm running
Pocket Nav. I can't seem to see the flight file after transferring it
from the 302. I'm using the utility program for the transfer. I can
see the flight date and time on the pocket PC, I can see the transfer
taking place as it counts the number of blocks being transferred. Then
it verifies the file structure. After I take the flash card out of the
pocket PC, I put it in my desktop PC but I can't find the file I just
transferred. I've tried this several times but I get the same results.
This has never happened before. Any thoughts? Any help would be
appreciated.

Warren Evans

Make sure there is enough room on the card for the file. The error
handling is not very good.

Andy
Old May 12th 09, 09:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Mara[_2_]

have you tried connecting the PDA directly to the desktop PC?
Once you've connected with Active Sync you can explore the PDA and find
files if they are in main memory or on CF Card....
if it say's it transferred the files then they are in the PDA...just then
look in main memory or Storage card.
Tim

Old May 13th 09, 12:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Hal[_2_]

Please visit the Wings & Wheels website atwww.wingsandwheels.com

wrote in message

I'm using a Cambridge 302 with a Compaq Aero 1550 and I'm running
Pocket Nav. I can't seem to see the flight file after transferring it
from the 302. I'm using the utility program for the transfer. I can
see the flight date and time on the pocket PC, I can see the transfer
taking place as it counts the number of blocks being transferred. Then
it verifies the file structure. After I take the flash card out of the
pocket PC, I put it in my desktop PC but I can't find the file I just
transferred. I've tried this several times but I get the same results.
This has never happened before. Any thoughts? Any help would be
appreciated.

Warren Evans- Hide quoted text -

I have noticed if you do not close the 302 utility program completely
the file is dropped. After you click the security successful option,
close out the utility program by clicking on the "X" in the upper
right corner until you return to file explorer.

Old pics - new scans - HMS Ardent after attacks from Argentine Daggers and Skyhawks - transferring crew to HMS Yarmouth Dave Kearton Aviation Photos 0 January 14th 08 12:11 PM
Cambridge 302 & PDA -- Value of adding Cambridge 303? V1 Soaring 5 July 31st 07 03:51 AM
Cambridge .dat waypoint file spec David Soaring 1 September 27th 04 04:19 AM
Cambridge 302/Cambridge 3UTIQ255 utility/ WinPilot/iPAQ 4155 Nathan Whelchel Soaring 4 July 5th 04 11:22 PM
IGC File Fix for Cambridge GPS NAV? Jim Vincent Soaring 6 March 27th 04 08:03 PM