intercom + gsm

Old September 15th 06, 12:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.marketplace,rec.aviation.misc,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.products
Magic11

Default intercom + gsm

Hi,

which is the best and not so expensive solution for mobile phone use in
plane!?? Im using David Clark 20-10s headset and looking for something to
connect my mobile phone (2.5mm jack)? it must have feature to give priority
to atc voice when u speak on gsm!!

regards!

Old September 15th 06, 12:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.marketplace,rec.aviation.misc,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.products
Ron Natalie

Magic11 wrote:
Hi,

which is the best and not so expensive solution for mobile phone use in
plane!?? Im using David Clark 20-10s headset and looking for something to
connect my mobile phone (2.5mm jack)? it must have feature to give priority
to atc voice when u speak on gsm!!

regards!

Sporty's has just an adapter in their catalog.

Another answer is to switch to something like the Lightspeeds
that have a separate jack for on the control unit that feeds
into a cell phone plug.

Have fun getting GSM to work at altitude.

Old September 15th 06, 01:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.marketplace,rec.aviation.misc,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.products
Huck

Hey gang,
It probably wont work in the air of course that being said mine
started ringing at 11,000 ft yesterday above nashville in the t210. I
was amazed of course we were moving so fast that we lost that tower in
seconds but if you have a helicopter it might work. Cell towers all
point down because thats were the people with the electric leashes are!
Sportys does have that adapter but you can probably get the same from
radio shack for nothin. This all being said I HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU DO
NOT USE YOUR PHONE IN THE AIR!!!!! Not because it is gonna screw with
nav radios or anything but because you will be not concentrating on
what you need to be concentrating on and that is flying the air plane.
Please do not turn into the idiot in his car that is screwing up
traffic because he is on the phone driving. "hang up and drive now
applies to hang up and fly!!!!"

matty

Old September 15th 06, 06:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.marketplace,rec.aviation.misc,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.products
RST Engineering

If English is not your native language, I apologize. If it is, you need
serious remedial work.

Jim

Old September 15th 06, 09:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.marketplace,rec.aviation.misc,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.products
Thomas Borchert

Magic11,

which is the best and not so expensive solution for mobile phone use in
plane!??

A new headset. Seriously. Get an ANR from Lightspeed, which has that
feature. By far the solution with the best cost-effect relation.

And yes, GSM will not work much above 2000 or 3000 feet.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old September 15th 06, 09:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.marketplace,rec.aviation.misc,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.products
Thomas Borchert

Huck,

Not because it is gonna screw with
nav radios or anything but because you will be not concentrating on
what you need to be concentrating on and that is flying the air plane.

Ah, come one. At FL110 in the 210, you simply aren't busy all the time.
In fact, with the autopilot on, you're way less busy than any time in a
care.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old September 16th 06, 01:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.marketplace,rec.aviation.misc,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.products
Magic11

Tnx to all for answers, Ill check Sportys and Lightspeed!

I know that the cell phone for will not work at high altitudes but for now
the most time I fly short routes at 3000-4000ft AGL and my phone works just
fine!!

Regards!

Old September 16th 06, 01:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.marketplace,rec.aviation.misc,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.products
Magic11

"Huck" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

I need it for important calls just in case and for passengers, dont worry!

Old September 16th 06, 01:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.marketplace,rec.aviation.misc,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.products
Magic11

"RST Engineering" wrote in message
If English is not your native language, I apologize. If it is, you need
serious remedial work.

Jim

Your apologie has been accepted!

(and...... yeah, it was bed English, I wrote it fast, without too much
thinking)