:-)) Trailer towing safety

Old August 15th 03, 04:28 AM
Michael McNulty

Default :-)) Trailer towing safety

"CH" wrote in message

I think you are right and add Australia as well. They
also think the bigger the better, value power over good
suspension and technical quality, no matter how much
they have to pay for petrol and how much gas they add
to the Antarctic Oxon hole.
But it looks like that is a tendency nowadays in general
as also in politics.
When Europeans say: Think twice before you act,
over the Atlantic GWB says: Yell first, show muscle,
and think afterwards (if you are able to). And at the
other end of the Pacific Howard repeats GWBs words
like a parrot. LOL

Chris
Melbourne

Now that you've got that off your chest, do you have anythink profound to
say about soaring?

Old August 16th 03, 04:15 AM
Tom Seim

"CH" wrote in message ...
"Kevin Neave"
This whole thread makes me think there's something
wrong with the vehicles / tyres / suspension used to
tow gliders in the US.

I think you are right and add Australia as well. They
also think the bigger the better, value power over good
suspension and technical quality, no matter how much
they have to pay for petrol and how much gas they add
to the Antarctic Oxon hole.
But it looks like that is a tendency nowadays in general
as also in politics.
When Europeans say: Think twice before you act,
over the Atlantic GWB says: Yell first, show muscle,
and think afterwards (if you are able to). And at the
other end of the Pacific Howard repeats GWBs words
like a parrot. LOL

I see we are dealing with another American wannabe.

Chris
Melbourne

"Kevin Neave" k wrote in
message ...
This whole thread makes me think there's something
wrong with the vehicles / tyres / suspension used to
tow gliders in the US.

I've towed a variety of trailers in the UK using a
standard family hatchback (Peugeot 306 - wheel at each
corner, short overhang behind the rear axle)

With my Discus on the back (230kg + 300kg trailer)
the hitch weight is 20kg (Yes 20, not 200) I can tow
at anything up to 85mph on motorways.

If you have much more hitch weight than this the gains
from moving the CofG forwards are lost 'cos your rear
suspension can no longer control what the tyres are
doing

The limiting factor for me is the risk of losing my
licence rather than stability!

The Internet public meeting on National Air Tour Standards begins Feb. 23 at 9 a.m. Larry Dighera Piloting 0 February 22nd 04 03:58 PM
Trailer towing safety CH Soaring 9 August 13th 03 05:45 PM
Glider trailer towing Jeff Landfield Soaring 0 July 21st 03 04:25 AM