Mackay, ID 2018 Regatta

Old August 4th 18, 09:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Boise Pilot

Default Mackay, ID 2018 Regatta

Short summary of the 2018 Mackay, ID regatta held from July 23 to July 29. Yes we did get smoked out by the CA, OR, NV and ID fires which cut the event short by 6 days. BUT the days we flew were awesome.
-Total number of participants: 13 ( not all were there for the full term)
-Makeup of ships: 7 gliders, 5 motor gliders, 1 touring glider
-From Whe ID, OR, WA, MT, CO
-Total OLC logged flights: 50 (there were a few others that did not get logged)
-Total km logged: 17,478 (10,860 sm)
-New ID state records claimed: 5 all by KF (Kelvyn Flavall)
-Louis Stur Trophy Flight - 322km: 9 pilots completed - Including 2Z (Stuart
Larimore who did it with his gear down.)
-Longest flight: 614k by KF
-Break down of OLC points: 600+ = 2, 500+ = 7, 400+ = 13, 300+ = 10,
200+ = 12, below 200= 6
-Roger Frank Memorial 300k Triangle: 80.77 mph 2Z
-Nightly group dinners: Every night but one. Some meals were prepaired or main course provided;Becky Newgard, Steve Northcraft, Linda Dixon. Lots of sides provided by Jan Larimore and pilots. One group meal at the Bear Bottom Inn in Mackay. Beer, wine and other liquids- who counts..
The dates for next year have been set; first day for tows July 15th, last day July 28th. Mackay has limited accomidation space and only one RV park with full hookups near the airport. Strongly suggest you get in touch with me to get on our list of participants as we do have to limit the number that need tows. I will provide information on places to stay.
1I (One Idaho or One Eye)
Old August 4th 18, 10:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

Sounds great.
Sorry major fires killed days.
Would have been good to fly there. Congrats to those that could.

Mackay, Idaho regatta 2018 Boise Pilot Soaring 0 May 26th 18 08:13 PM
Mackay, Idaho regatta Boise Pilot Soaring 0 June 20th 16 03:33 PM
Mackay, Idaho Regatta 2015 Boise Pilot Soaring 0 August 10th 15 03:15 PM
Mackay, ID Regatta Boise Pilot Soaring 1 June 13th 13 04:51 PM
Mackay, Idaho regatta Boise Pilot Soaring 0 June 21st 12 05:18 PM