2010

Old December 31st 09, 06:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Vorsanger1

Default 2010

To all you glider drivers out the here's wishing you a safe flying
season, and 12+ knot thermals and endless cloud streets at 18,000
feet.

Cheers, Charles
Old December 31st 09, 04:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
HoUdino

I'll echo that...may we all have as much fun as safety allows in 2010!

LT
Old January 1st 10, 03:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
glidergeek

Here's to global warming and unlimited thermals. Happy New Year!!!!
Old January 1st 10, 03:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

On Dec 31, 12:28*am, Vorsanger1 wrote:
To all you glider drivers out the here's wishing you a safe flying
season, and 12+ knot thermals and endless cloud streets at 18,000
feet.

Cheers, *Charles

Or 17,499 feet for us in USA comps !
Best for 2010, Dave "YO electric"
Old January 1st 10, 04:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

On Dec 31 2009, 7:05*pm, Dave Nadler wrote:
On Dec 31, 12:28*am, Vorsanger1 wrote:

To all you glider drivers out the here's wishing you a safe flying
season, and 12+ knot thermals and endless cloud streets at 18,000
feet.

Cheers, *Charles

Or 17,499 feet for us in USA comps !
Best for 2010, Dave "YO electric"

Well I was going to comment on the altitude of the first post but
resisted it.

I'm wishing for streets with bases at 18,500ft. That way I can
maintain legal cloud separation and not get an airspace violation
while running at 17,499ft.

Andy (GY)

Old January 1st 10, 08:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim Logajan

Andy wrote:
On Dec 31 2009, 7:05*pm, Dave Nadler wrote:
On Dec 31, 12:28*am, Vorsanger1 wrote:

To all you glider drivers out the here's wishing you a safe flying
season, and 12+ knot thermals and endless cloud streets at 18,000
feet.

Cheers, *Charles

Or 17,499 feet for us in USA comps !
Best for 2010, Dave "YO electric"

Well I was going to comment on the altitude of the first post but
resisted it.

I'm wishing for streets with bases at 18,500ft. That way I can
maintain legal cloud separation and not get an airspace violation
while running at 17,499ft.

Why not wish for cloud bases at 19,000ft so that you can fly all the way to
17,999ft (at least in U.S. airspace)?

I must be missing something.
Old January 1st 10, 08:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

On Jan 1, 12:34*pm, Jim Logajan wrote:
Andy wrote:
On Dec 31 2009, 7:05*pm, Dave Nadler wrote:
On Dec 31, 12:28*am, Vorsanger1 wrote:

To all you glider drivers out the here's wishing you a safe flying
season, and 12+ knot thermals and endless cloud streets at 18,000
feet.

Cheers, *Charles

Or 17,499 feet for us in USA comps !
Best for 2010, Dave "YO electric"

Well I was going to comment on the altitude of the first post but
resisted it.

I'm wishing for streets with bases at 18,500ft. *That way I can
maintain legal cloud separation and not get an airspace violation
while running at 17,499ft.

Why not wish for cloud bases at 19,000ft so that you can fly all the way to
17,999ft (at least in U.S. airspace)?

I must be missing something.

US (SSA sanctioned) contest rules provide for a penalty for coming
within less than 500ft of the floor of a "prohibited" airspace area.

Andy

Andy
Old January 1st 10, 11:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim Logajan

Andy wrote:
[...]

I guess I missed that important context qualifier. I still don't see it on
looking back up thread. So I'm already confused on the first day of the
year! That means things can only get better! ;-)
Old January 9th 10, 10:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Hagbard Celine

Well, as I live in Canada the 18,000 cloudbase would be more difficult
for me to exploit, and I don't have an oxygen system installed
anyway... But what the hell, I'll be generous and hope everyone does
get those 18,000 cloud streets. I'll try not to be too jealous!

Oct 30th 2010... [email protected] Soaring 2 December 19th 09 10:59 PM
Motels for 2010 SSA Convention (USA) RN Soaring 3 November 17th 09 09:57 PM
US Regionals 2010 5E Soaring 2 September 8th 09 05:12 PM
Well, theres always 2010 Steve Foley[_4_] Piloting 4 January 4th 09 12:33 AM