Can't identify aircraft

Old September 9th 03, 01:56 AM
Patrick Underwood

Default Can't identify aircraft

Can you help me identify an aircraft? It is a small general aviation
single-engine, two-seat, tri-gear, high-wing monoplane. The most
distinguishing features are that the canopy has a moderate "bubble"
shape, and the wings are swept forward about 5 or 10 degrees. The one
I saw (in Fort Stockton, Texas) has a Canadian registry. Any ideas
about what this might be?

Thanks,
Patrick
Old September 9th 03, 02:20 AM
JDupre5762

It is a small general aviation
single-engine, two-seat, tri-gear, high-wing monoplane. The most
distinguishing features are that the canopy has a moderate "bubble"
shape, and the wings are swept forward about 5 or 10 degrees.

http://www.acf.clara.net/scale/scale-pics-1/high-wing/blowko/blowko.html

Sounds like it might be a Bolkow Junior.

John Dupre'
Old September 11th 03, 06:27 PM
Patrick Underwood

Thanks for the replies! Unfortunately it didn't resemble either of
those aircraft. I'm still curious. It was a very neat little
airplane--and looked factory-built rather than homebuilt. It was
aluminum with round-head (not flush) rivets. Lots of yellow warning
stickers in various places. The cowl was off but I did not a get a
good look at the engine. Should have walked up and looked at the
builder plate!

Patrick
Old September 12th 03, 03:04 AM
Steve Beaver

This aircraft the ARV Super 2 was developed by Richard Noble (of and speed
record fame). I think it originally had a Norton Rotary engine but was later
revived as a homebuilt with a Rotax 912 ??

http://futurshox.net/viewer.php3?id=1026

I think it fits your description.

Steve
om...

Old September 20th 03, 07:20 PM
Hanski Aaltio

Might as well be the swedish-built MFI-9 Junior if it has a boxy
fuselage. Was used in Biafra war by Count von Rosen against Nigeria Air
Force late 60's.

*** Sent via http://www.automationtools.com ***
Add a newsgroup interface to your website today.
Old September 23rd 03, 03:55 PM
Patrick Underwood

It's either this aircraft, or something very close. I thought the
fuse had more of a rounded cross section, but my memory might be
playing tricks on me. Thanks!

Patrick