Poll: best looking GA prop plane of all time?

Old October 20th 05, 01:51 AM
xerj

Default Poll: best looking GA prop plane of all time?

For me, it's the King Air.

Other opinions?

Old October 20th 05, 02:03 AM

xerj wrote:
For me, it's the King Air.

Other opinions?

Best looking twin: Beech Duke
Best looking single: Spitfire!
Best looking GA single: Cessna Cardinal

Old October 20th 05, 02:15 AM
xerj

Best looking twin: Beech Duke
Best looking single: Spitfire!
Best looking GA single: Cessna Cardinal

The Cardinal is very nice. Something about strutless high wings is really
appealing.

Old October 20th 05, 02:34 AM
Dan Luke

Default best looking GA prop plane of all time?

Vintage: Beech Staggerwing, the G-model.
http://www.popularaviation.com/PhotoGallery/2773.jpg

Modern choice: Lancair Legacy
http://www.lancair-kits.com/Legacy_i...gacy_1_lrg.jpg

Old October 20th 05, 03:06 AM

xerj wrote:
Best looking twin: Beech Duke
Best looking single: Spitfire!
Best looking GA single: Cessna Cardinal

The Cardinal is very nice. Something about strutless high wings is really
appealing.

Cardinal is pretty, but the Helio Stallion gets my vote for
strutless high-wing single. See
http://www.stolaircraft.com/maytagstallion.html
Rare, too; only two left flying. Helio is supposedly putting it
back into production. Cruises at 175 kt, can fly at 37 kt. Hard to beat
that for speed range. See
http://www.helioaircraft.com/ourplanes_stallion.htm

Dan

Old October 20th 05, 03:08 AM
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, "xerj" said:
For me, it's the King Air.

deHavilland Beaver. On floats. With me sitting on the float, fishing.

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
"You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else." -
Old October 20th 05, 03:20 AM
Aluckyguess

The Cirrus is the best looking Single, how could you even say Cessna
Cardinal in the same breath. The Cherokee is a lot better looking than the
Cardinal. The Bonanza A36 is a pretty good looking Single also.

jmho

Old October 20th 05, 04:20 AM
Jose

The Starship.