twin-engine kits available

Old January 16th 08, 11:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default twin-engine kits available

I'm doing some research on what kits are available that are a twin-
engine design.

I'm looking at possibly building and was curious since Google finds
the obvious but didn't want to wade through 20 pages of stuff to find
the non-obvious.

Thanks.

-brad walker
Old January 17th 08, 04:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Allen Browning

From the KitPlanes Magazine 2008 Kit Buyer's Guide

Creative Flight Aerocat TR - uses Jabiru 3300 www.creativeflight.com

Lockwood Aircraft Air Cam - uses Rotax 912S www.lockwoodaircraft.com

VSTOL Aircraft Corporation SST2000 - uses Hirth 3203 vstolaircraft.com

Old January 17th 08, 08:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
JohnO

On Jan 17, 12:58*pm, wrote:
I'm doing some research on what kits are available that are a twin-
engine design.

I'm looking at possibly building and was curious since Google finds
the obvious but didn't want to wade through 20 pages of stuff to find
the non-obvious.

Thanks.

-brad walker

Hi Brad, the big question on my mind is WHY?

To me the why nots include:
- more cost
- more complexity
- more maintenance
- more fuel
- and unless it can get you home on one engine... LESS safety.
Old January 17th 08, 09:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
jan olieslagers[_2_]

JohnO schreef:
On Jan 17, 12:58 pm, wrote:
I'm doing some research on what kits are available that are a twin-
engine design.

I'm looking at possibly building and was curious since Google finds
the obvious but didn't want to wade through 20 pages of stuff to find
the non-obvious.

Thanks.

-brad walker

Hi Brad, the big question on my mind is WHY?

Now just imagine he had answered that for himself before posting
Old January 17th 08, 09:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
jan olieslagers[_2_]

schreef:
I'm doing some research on what kits are available that are a twin-
engine design.

I'm looking at possibly building and was curious since Google finds
the obvious but didn't want to wade through 20 pages of stuff to find
the non-obvious.

You could have a look at
http://www.aeroprakt.kiev.ua/eng_html/main.html
they have two twin designs the A-28 and A-36.
But it's unclear to me if these are offered as kits,
and as I presume you're in the USA
they might well be too far anyway.
kA
Old January 18th 08, 12:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Vaughn Simon

"Jim Logajan" wrote in message
.. .
wrote:
Cri Cri:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CriCri
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlV8WJ6N3nU

Ah yes, the Cri-Cri. Cute plane, really! But... Two little hi-revving
2-stroke engines. What could possibly go wrong?

I forget what year it was that two of them took off for an airshow flight at
Oshkosh. One of them lost an engine on takeoff and damn near crashed into the
crowd.

Vaughn

Old January 18th 08, 02:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
JohnO

On Jan 18, 10:44*am, jan olieslagers
wrote:
JohnO schreef:

On Jan 17, 12:58 pm, wrote:
I'm doing some research on what kits are available that are a twin-
engine design.

I'm looking at possibly building and was curious since Google finds
the obvious but didn't want to wade through 20 pages of stuff to find
the non-obvious.

Thanks.

-brad walker

Hi Brad, the big question on my mind is WHY?

Now just imagine he had answered that for himself before posting

Those kits looked horribly expensive. I wonder what the Tecnam P2006
will sell for?
Old January 18th 08, 03:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
JohnO

wrote:

JohnO schreef:

On Jan 17, 12:58 pm, wrote:
I'm doing some research on what kits are available that are a twin-
engine design.

I'm looking at possibly building and was curious since Google finds
the obvious but didn't want to wade through 20 pages of stuff to find
the non-obvious.

Thanks.

-brad walker

Hi Brad, the big question on my mind is WHY?

Now just imagine he had answered that for himself before posting

Those kits looked horribly expensive. I wonder what the Tecnam P2006
will sell for?- Hide quoted text -

Answering myself: the P2006 list price is 260k euro. It seems that
gets you a fully assembled certified 4 place IFR twin.

I don't think anybody is going to buy one of those twin kits, are
they?
Old January 18th 08, 04:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Steve Hix

In article
,

wrote:
JohnO schreef:

On Jan 17, 12:58 pm, wrote:
I'm doing some research on what kits are available that are a twin-
engine design.

I'm looking at possibly building and was curious since Google finds
the obvious but didn't want to wade through 20 pages of stuff to find
the non-obvious.

Thanks.

-brad walker

Hi Brad, the big question on my mind is WHY?

Now just imagine he had answered that for himself before posting

Those kits looked horribly expensive. I wonder what the Tecnam P2006
will sell for?

The current guess is US$250K. (I'm doing BFR prep with a Tecnam dealer.
It's been 32 years since I last flew...things are different from then.)