Alarming news stories on instructor and student down at HPN

Old April 27th 05, 09:45 PM
R.L.

But a still flying airplane is flying a still. And if the airplane is flying
a still, why would I exit? I'm staying right there flying until I'm flying.
(hic)

"Jose" wrote in message
. ..
I draw the line at jumping out of a still flying airplane.

IF the airplane is flying, but it's still still, I might consider
exiting too.

Jose
--
Get high on gasoline: fly an airplane.

Old April 27th 05, 10:06 PM

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 12:45:39 GMT, "OtisWinslow"
wrote:

"Scott Moore" wrote in message
People
ride motorcycles, which are far more likely to get you killed, and
think nothing of it.

Actually the accident fatality rate is about the same for motorcycles and
GA. Since I do both .. I guess it doubles my chance of biting the big one.

Only if you do both simultaneously
Old April 27th 05, 11:00 PM
Matt Whiting

OtisWinslow wrote:

"Scott Moore" wrote in message

People
ride motorcycles, which are far more likely to get you killed, and
think nothing of it.

Actually the accident fatality rate is about the same for motorcycles and
GA. Since I do both .. I guess it doubles my chance of biting the big one.

Me too. However, at least we'll have lived a life worth living!

Matt
Old April 28th 05, 12:39 AM
Scott Moore

John Galban wrote:
OtisWinslow wrote:

Actually the accident fatality rate is about the same for motorcycles

and

GA. Since I do both .. I guess it doubles my chance of biting the big

one.

I have an occasional "Danger Day", where I ride my motorcycle to the
airport, jump in my plane and fly to another airport, then go skydiving
at the destination.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)

What happens to your airplane after you bail out ?

Sorry, just had to....

Old April 28th 05, 07:13 AM
Scott D.

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 22:00:34 GMT, Matt Whiting
wrote:

OtisWinslow wrote:

"Scott Moore" wrote in message

People
ride motorcycles, which are far more likely to get you killed, and
think nothing of it.

Actually the accident fatality rate is about the same for motorcycles and
GA. Since I do both .. I guess it doubles my chance of biting the big one.

Me too. However, at least we'll have lived a life worth living!

Matt

Amen. I dont know what I would do without my motorcycle or my plane!

Scott D

To email remove spamcatcher's
Old April 28th 05, 04:53 PM
OtisWinslow

"Matt Whiting" wrote in message
Me too. However, at least we'll have lived a life worth living!

Matt

Yeh my worst fear is I'll be laying there old and gray and ready to croak
wishing I'd done this or that. Instead as I'm taking my last breath I want
to be thinking "cooool .. what a ride".