Update on Denver plane crash...

Old June 11th 04, 01:40 AM
Sam

Default Update on Denver plane crash...

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...04/detail.html

1)Looks like somebody either told them of the stall (whether it was my
email or not) and they corrected the article. Sounds like they
misquoted the flight sim tech as I had thought.

2)What an unfortunate and strange crash. The ink must've still been
wet on that guys PPL, and he's flying around in a complex, high power
Bonanza w/ his student pilot daughter at the controls? Why do people
do this?? What a waste of life and airplane.

Old June 11th 04, 02:39 AM
Ron Rosenfeld

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 00:57:20 GMT, "Peter Gottlieb"
wrote:

I thought a new pilot had a very very difficult time getting insured in such
a plane.

Yes but there's no legal requirement to be insured.

Old June 11th 04, 02:59 AM
Tom Sixkiller

"Peter Gottlieb" wrote in message
.. .
I thought a new pilot had a very very difficult time getting insured in

such
a plane.

Not necessarily difficult, but _expensive_. Evidently the father could
afford a brand new A36 AND the insurance to go with it.

Old June 11th 04, 02:59 AM
Tom Sixkiller

wrote:

I thought a new pilot had a very very difficult time getting insured in

such
a plane.

Yes but there's no legal requirement to be insured.

No...only the cash to pay the premiums.

Old June 11th 04, 01:55 PM
Ron Rosenfeld

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 18:59:12 -0700, "Tom Sixkiller"
wrote:

Not necessarily difficult, but _expensive_. Evidently the father could
afford a brand new A36 AND the insurance to go with it.

What makes you think the a/c was insured?

Old June 11th 04, 01:57 PM
Judah

But not the mod to change the throw-over yoke to a double-yoke...

"Tom Sixkiller" wrote in news:Ql8yc.412$p01.54131
@news.uswest.net:

Old June 11th 04, 02:58 PM
G.R. Patterson III

Judah wrote:

But not the mod to change the throw-over yoke to a double-yoke...

They haven't made them with throw-over yokes in years.

George Patterson
None of us is as dumb as all of us.
Old June 11th 04, 04:48 PM
Nathan Young

In the States - there are not any FAA or other govt rules requiring
insurance for private pilots.

Lienholders will require insurance, but if the aircraft owner 'owns'
the plane outright, it is her/her decision whether or not to insure
(hull and/or liability).

Having said that, if you can afford a new A36, you can probably afford
the premiums (which I am guessing are over 10k/year.)

-Nathan

wrote:

I thought a new pilot had a very very difficult time getting insured in such
a plane.

. com...

Old June 11th 04, 06:04 PM
Peter Gottlieb

"Nathan Young" wrote in message
In the States - there are not any FAA or other govt rules requiring
insurance for private pilots.

There are airports that "require" $1MM liability insurance, although I have
no idea how they enforce that (except for those based there).