Post Annual Flight check - Video

Old January 16th 09, 02:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default Post Annual Flight check - Video

Short video of my first flight after an annual.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iUmd4LjXow

Absolutely amazing how 6 pounds in the tail cone can improve my
landings. I had 45 pounds in the cargo to bring the CG aft. I now
was able to remove all of that weight due to a measily 6 pounds in the
tailcone..

First half of the video has me picking up flight following in KJAN
airspace
Second half of the video has my 4 landings from short final to
landing / touch and go.

Landing judge scores most welcomed!
Old January 18th 09, 02:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

On Jan 17, 5:12*pm, B A R R Y wrote:
wrote:

Sierra's had an STC to add a tail cone weight. *AFAIK, it was never
approved for Sundowners, even though it's the same airframe.

I've thought the same, as we have a 50 pound bag of kitty litter in our
baggage compartment if we don't have a back seat pax.

I bought an '81 C182 on Friday, and the balance differences are
shocking. * The Beech 23/24 airframe seems to LOVE back seat pax.

Dang, didn't know that Barry. A&P was the one to suggest this....

Had a passenger yesterday who weighed about 225, sooooooooo much
better landing now! No back passengers needed, and gained quite a bit
of useful load!