Any W&B calculators that work in 640x480 on HP4700 PDA?

Old November 14th 06, 12:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.misc,uk.rec.aviation
Bill[_4_]

Default Any W&B calculators that work in 640x480 on HP4700 PDA?

I'm looking for a PDA program that will do wifi to allow duats flight
plans to be filed where there is a wireless hotspot like an FBO.

Probably would work thru DUATs.

Should be heavily template driven so that I only have to fill in a few
things.

Bill Hale

Peter wrote:
I am after a simple W&B calculator for a PDA, with a few E6B
calculations (density altitude, say) but nothing else.

I am looking at various candidates that appear to offer a graphical
W&B envelope display:

Aeroplanner
Airplan
Flightcalc
Load Balance
NavigaCE
Niborex
PocketFMS
SA Flightcalc
Teletype GPS
WingX

I recall trying Flightcalc a while ago and it was clearly hard-coded
for 320x240...

Obviously I have written to these firms but one rarely gets a
meaningful reply. I am just trying to avoid spending a whole day
downloading and installing free trial versions

Thank you for any feedback...

Peter.
E-mail replies to but remove the A and the B.

Old November 14th 06, 04:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.misc,uk.rec.aviation
John T

"Bill" wrote in message
ups.com

Probably would work thru DUATs.

Should be heavily template driven so that I only have to fill in a few
things.

So, using DUAT/S itself doesn't make sense?

--
John T
http://sage1solutions.com/blogs/TknoFlyer

Old November 14th 06, 03:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.misc,uk.rec.aviation
Dave Butler[_1_]

Bill wrote:
I'm looking for a PDA program that will do wifi to allow duats flight
plans to be filed where there is a wireless hotspot like an FBO.

Probably would work thru DUATs.

How about "telnet direct.duats.com"? These PDAs do have telnet, don't they?

Dave