am I loser?

Old August 25th 03, 11:27 PM
RobertR237

In article , Barnyard BOb --
writes:

Rodney Dangerfield and I get no repsect.

Barnyard BOb --

But at least Rodney is funny! ;-))))))))))

Bob Reed

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

If I DUMBED my stuff down where
you could comprehend it......

It would be at least as funny to you. g

Barnyard BOb -- Don Rickles is my hero

BFG

We could never have guessed that.

Bob Reed

"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
(M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)

Old August 26th 03, 04:13 AM
Ernest Christley

Corrie wrote:
Ernest Christley wrote in message . com...

Something I just started doing, but I wish I had done BEFORE I started
building. Go to www.ptc.com and get Pro/DESIGNER. It's a free 3D CAD
program. Go through the tutorial and then start putting the plane of
your dreams into the program. It goes fairly quickly once you get the
hang of it. Only tool needed for this phase is a computer, very little
space requirements and being able to flip the thing around to look at it
from odd angles is extremely illuminating.

Is that Pro/DESKTOP? Didn't see a Pro/DESIGNER.

Check the "free downloads" link on the "products" page.

Aah..hell. Here ya' go.

http://www.ptc.com/community/free_downloads.htm

--
----Because I can----
http://www.ernest.isa-geek.org/

Old August 26th 03, 01:51 PM
Mark Hickey

"Model Flyer" wrote:

... if I do buy a kit it would become my latest obsession
and I'd never get anything else done until it's finished.

I'm confused... you make it sound like that's a problem...

Mark Hickey

Old August 26th 03, 03:26 PM
Corrie

Ernest Christley wrote in message .com...

Is that Pro/DESKTOP? Didn't see a Pro/DESIGNER.

Check the "free downloads" link on the "products" page.
Aah..hell. Here ya' go.
http://www.ptc.com/community/free_downloads.htm

Free Software
AutobuildZ for Pro/ENGINEER
A plug-in application for Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire that allows you to
create parametric, feature-based 3D models from 2D drawings.

Pro/DESKTOP Express
This is a 3D CAD package developed specifically for engineers and
designers who do not need the full functionality of Pro/ENGINEER.

PTCstat for SysAdmins
Built on Perl and Java, PTCstat helps you monitor your PTC licenses
dynamically over the web. Download and configure for your own license
monitoring. Please review the “readme” document for setup
instructions.

ProductView Express
A plug-in for your Web browser that enables the viewing and
manipulation of Pro/ENGINEER parts, assemblies and drawings.

Pro/ENGINEER CAD Manager
This powerful tool adds a menu item to Pro/ENGINEER which seamlessly
integrates Pro/ENGINEER and Pro/COLLABORATE

Pro/ENGINEER Routed Systems Designer Lite
Creates the rich breadth of schematic diagrams required for many
disciplines and industries, and are optimized to drive the 3D cable
and pipe routing in Pro/ENGINEER. Routed Systems Designer Lite, a
functionality-limited version, is being provided to many Pro/ENGINEER
customers on active maintenance at no charge.

Software Updates
PTC Technical Support provides an electronic service to either order
on CD, or electronically download, software updates without calling
Technical Support. A ptc.com account is required to access the updates
page and a customer number is required to order or download.

Free Downloads
Innovation Ovation Screensaver (zip, 6.5 MB)
You applauded the engineers; now download the screensaver.

ScreenThemes
Download these cool images of the winners and semifinalists of the PTC
Awards design competition.
Old August 26th 03, 03:34 PM
RobertR237

In article , "Model Flyer"
writes:

Bob, I'm interested in build one of the many quick build kits, Jabriu
etc, however, if I do buy a kit it would become my latest obsession
and I'd never get anything else done until it's finished. That's way
it was with computers then printers, so none of the household jobs
ever get done. I tried setting aside one day per week to get the
house repairs done, but that never worked as more printers came in
for repair.:-(
--

.
--

Sounds like a prescription for divorce! Even the quick build kits are still
quite an undertaking. Yes, the quick builds do shorten the time required for

Understand and plan for what you are getting into. If you are still upto the
task, go for it.

Old August 27th 03, 12:48 PM
Model Flyer

"Mark Hickey" wrote in message
"Model Flyer" wrote:

... if I do buy a kit it would become my latest obsession
and I'd never get anything else done until it's finished.

I'm confused... you make it sound like that's a problem...

Flying requires an income, if building a kit became an obsession when
would I ever repair printers and computers etc?:-(
--

..
--
Cheers,
Jonathan Lowe
modelflyer at antispam dot net

Antispam trap in place

Mark Hickey

Old August 27th 03, 02:31 PM
Corky Scott

On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 22:12:13 -0400, "Morgans"
wrote:

"Frederick Wilson" wrote in message
Well folks I am struggling here. I know what I want to build but I am

having
trouble justifing starting the project. This is what I have going on. New
baby coming in January (I'm excited). Trying to complete the new master
bedroom (Make room for new baby). Going to school. And am a national guard
member on active duty. I try to justify my not starting the project

because
my plate is full and because I have not gotten my two car garage/hanger
built.

I have read in several places how folks started their project in

apartments
and via other means.

Am I a loser, procrastintor, or do I really have a full plate?

Fred

Sounds like plenty, right now.

I would say that you should do the things you need to do around the house,
before you get started on your project. That is the advise that will make
continueing a married relationship possible. Plus, If you get caught up
with the other stuff, you can devote more uninterrupted time to your
project.

I am at the same stage now, in a way.
--
Jim in NC

I agree with Jim. Building an airplane is a lot of fun, but your
family is your life and responsibility. Take care of them first.

Corky Scott

PS, you aren't a looser for thinking about them.

Old August 27th 03, 07:37 PM
George A. Graham

On Sun, 24 Aug 2003, Frederick Wilson wrote:
Am I a loser, procrastintor, or do I really have a full plate?

I say, do what you want.

You don't need to give your life over to aircraft production,
just make a little bit when you can. I did that and have been flying
for five years now.

Your family can still come first, but you don't need to watch TV
with them to be a good Dad.

Keep us posted of your progress please.

George Graham
RX-7 Powered Graham-EZ, N4449E